Will ToneX run on an iMac running Monterey OS?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Will ToneX run on an iMac running Monterey OS?

Postby spikey » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:08 pm

This is what is on their website
*Suggested Computer Requirement:
Mac Big Sur (M1 or newer CPU recommended).

I'm Running a 2020 iMac i7 3.8 GHz 8 core on Monterey ver 12.6 OS.
I run AT5 without issues.

Will the ToneX software work OK with my current OS?

Please advise.
spikey

Re: Will ToneX run on an iMac running Monterey OS?

Postby spikey » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:17 pm

So, 49 views, and no one including iK knows the answer to this? The website shows BigSur, an older OS, and that's why I'm asking.
spikey

Postby andrea.zuppelli » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:36 pm

i add to our request of info.
I would ask if this will be compatible also with Mojave, I'd like to preorder the SW but if I buy and it doesent work on my mac?. I cannot understand if the suggested requirements mean "minimum" ones in order to startup ToneX..... Is it compatible or not?
andrea.zuppelli

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:22 pm

andrea.zuppelli wrote:i add to our request of info.
I would ask if this will be compatible also with Mojave, I'd like to preorder the SW but if I buy and it doesent work on my mac?. I cannot understand if the suggested requirements mean "minimum" ones in order to startup ToneX..... Is it compatible or not?

The requirements on the TONEX page are the recommended specs for capturing Tone Models. I've requested the main specs for the player and please note that AmpliTube 5 will be updated and I don't see a specs change happening there but I did put in a request to be sure.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby spikey » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:15 pm

Peter, you didnt answer the question.

Will ToneX work ok with Monterey OS or not?
spikey

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:29 pm

spikey wrote:Peter, you didnt answer the question.

Will ToneX work ok with Monterey OS or not?

I said I'd relay your question, the only published specs are for capturing Tone Models (and in that case Monterey is fine). If you can run AmpliTube 5 you should have no problem with the TONEX Player. And if you can do the much more intense capturing on even Big Sur then Monterey isn't a problem for TONEX Player. That's the only information I have. If you need deeper information please reach out to IK Support.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:31 pm

Plus I just installed a new build of it on Monterey so that's another solid yes. I don't have anything earlier than Monterey here so I can't answer to how it runs on Mojave and the like.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby spikey » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:23 am

Thanks, Pete!

It seems to run just fine here as well, but I appreciate you checking on this. I've been jamming nightly while my Quad Cortex and Axe-FX III Mk2 are peed-off and getting very jealous of the time I've spent on Tonex... 8-)
spikey

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling