Which Powered Speaker

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Which Powered Speaker

Postby Geezerman1 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:40 pm

I am trying to accomplish playing live with Amplitube and Ableton live. I am using the standalone Amplitube for guitar and Ableton for vocals. I have a pair of Mackie Thump 15 A powered speakers. Something doesnt sound right through these speakers. They are supposed to be good speakers. They are new so not worn out in any way. How can i maximize the guitar sound from these using Amplitube. Everything sounds a bit dirty. I have read elsewhere that a cab sim could help with this issue. Can I use a cab without an amp in Amplitube? If so how would that be accomplished? If anyone has other ideas about how to make this sound better for the guitar I would appreciate it. The vocals sound great.
Geezerman1

Re: Which Powered Speaker

Postby Geezerman1 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:13 pm

I guess there is no answer to my question. Or no interest.
Geezerman1

Re: Which Powered Speaker

Postby BassGuy99 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:24 pm

What is your signal chain? (How are you getting the signal from your guitar and mic into/out of Amplitube and Ableton and how are you getting it to the Mackies?) Is there a particular reason you are not using Amplitube as a plugin inside of Ableton? What amp/cab preset are you using in Amplitube?

Depending on your signal chain there could be some issues running two separate outs from your computer.

There may be an easier solution though: Make sure you're not clipping ANYWHERE along the way. Even if it is not apparent, there could be issues with relatively hot signals at any point in the path. I would try cutting back the input and/or output from Amplitube and (depending on how you are set up) compensating on the mixer/Mackie.

Unless you are looking for a specific sound, try alternate presets.

There shouldn't be an issue with the Mackies - they can generally handle a great deal. But if all else fails, it might be helpful to get someone to check them over.

Hope something in here helps!
BassGuy99

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling