iCloud issues

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

iCloud issues

Postby BeizFlesh180 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:13 am

I'm a newb Mac user and said yes when it asked me if I'd like to save space on said Mac by uploading my documents etc straight to the cloud, but now my A5 doesn't know where my presets are! All amp models etc seem to be in tact. I've managed to download my documents folder from iCloud but the directory for A5 is now messed up. I no longer have a Documents folder in the user section, it's now under the iCloud tab.

getting withdrawals from jamming along to Sabbath now so pls help
BeizFlesh180

Re: iCloud issues

Postby Vegter » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:31 am

Have you been able to solve this?

I ran into a similar situation, where I already was using the iCloud Drive for Documents. After installing AmpliTube 5 there were no presets in the app, although I could see the presets in the correct location of the Documents folder.

In my case this was due to permissions for the Documents folder. Solution (macOS Monterey):
Open System Preferences > Privacy and Security > Privacy > Files and Folders

Now on the right side of the pane permissions can be granted or revoked per App. In this case make sure the Documents folder is ticked for AmpliTube 5.

Hope this is of any help for anybody with similar issues with Syntronik, SampleTank, Hammond B-3X and probably all IK Multimedia apps storing the presets in the Documents folder.
Vegter

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling