Behringer FCB1010+EurekaPromv3.2 with AmpliTube 5 HOWTO

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Behringer FCB1010+EurekaPromv3.2 with AmpliTube 5 HOWTO

Postby Ramses2ii » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:39 am

I couldn't find detailed instructions for this, so I wrote one to help others.

This setup is for

AmpliTube 5 MAX and AXE I/O audio inferface+controller
with
Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller with EurekaPROM v3.2 modchip

When connecting devices use both midi in and out cables from AXE I/O to Behringer.

How to make Behringer FCB1010+EurekaPromv3.2 switches (pedals) change your favourite presets in AmpliTube 5.

First of all, not directly related to this, but later on very important is to reverse the Pedal LED polarity on Behringer+EurekaSound configuration to match AmpliTube. This is done in EurekaPROM's programmable PP configuration. See their instruction on their PP configuration web page, section 4. Choose Pedal LED Polarity, Behringer's display showing "LE". It needs to be set to inverted (change the value to 1 instead of default 0). Now the pedal led lights and AmpliTube's virtual leds will be correct when pressing switches on and off.

In AmpliTube 5, go to settings, choose page Control - Program Change and assign your favourite presets to PC control numbers 001 to 010. Just click on a number with mouse and choose a favourite you want to be there. When you have all 10 done press Save.

A good starting point to understand the defaults of FCB1010+EurekaPROM is to either look at the pedalboard pictures on EurekaSound configuration PP (programmable) web page or stick the EurekaSound label stickers to Behringer switches and pedals and main screen, so you know what the switches do and which mode is chosen.

The PP configuration on EurekaPROM's web page is ok with their defaults, except the led polarity, which you need to change, as I wrote above. In the very first Behringer+Eurekaprom startup you need to run through the whole PP setup step by step before configuring any detailed functions. The PP configuration programming is long but easy, it is mainly pressing pedal 5 several times to go forward and forward and accept the defaults except that LED polarity LE.

The get the Behringer-EurekaProm switches (pedals) 1 to 10 change favourite presets 1 to 10 on AmpliTube you need fist to go to PR mode in Behringer+EurekaPROM. So don't go messing in FP before there is anything saved from PR mode.

So go to PR mode. Now when you look at the picture of the pedalboard functions on EurekaSound web page "Configuration PP" section 2 PR Presets, you can see that switches 1 and 6 are Midi Channel down and up. Switches 2 and 7 are Bank down and up. Switches 3 and 8 are Presets jump -10 and +10 and finally switches 4 and 9 are one Preset down and one Preset up. The last pair is the one you are interested in.

I just kept the Midi Channel and Bank the same on all favourite presets and changed only the preset number upwards one by one, switch by switch, by pressing switches 4 or 9 to get the preset number I wanted (1 to 10). After first three preset assignments I tested how they worked and noticed that they are off by one, so you need to assign one below in AmpliTube compared to Behringer+Eurekaprom switch. So if you want switch 1 to move to your first favourite preset in AmpliTube, you should assign preset number 0 to it. Switch 2 is preset 1, switch 3 is preset 2 etc. There may be a better way to do this maybe by some offset setting or something, but this is how I got it to work and the numbers to match.

Assigning a preset to favourite preset and to use it in Behringer-Eurekaprom's FP mode you first choose a preset number in PR mode. So as I said, don't go messing in FP mode, you cannot call it from there before you have assigned them from PR mode. Go to PR mode, keep the midi channel and bank the same with all, and change only preset number with switches 4 (one preset number down) and switch 9 (one preset number up) until you have the preset number you want to save (0 to 9).

For e.g. when you have preset number changed to 1 in Behringer's display and want to save it to FP favourite preset, Press and HOLD switch UP in Behringer-EurekaPROM until the display begins to FLASH letters FP. When it flashes, press the switch you want the preset to be saved in. Remember the one offset, so if you want to save preset 4 you should save it to switch 5 etc.

You can save all your 10 favourites in a row one after one, but I suggest you do two or three of them and then go to FP mode (not the flashing one but just press Up or Down switches until the screen shows static FP). Then press the switches you have configured and see if they change the preset as you wanted. As I said, mine were off by one because I didn't know preset count begins with 0 in AmpliTube.

Once you have all 10 foot switches configured, you have a quite nice basic setup. In FP mode you can use Volume and Wah virtual pedals with Behringer-EurekaPROM just by adding them to your virtual pedal setup and using right mouse button and Learn-midi-funtion in AmpliTube with right mouse button over a pedal. When AmpliTube tells you just press Volume or Wah and it is assigned perfectly. As default wah is left pedal and right pedal is volume.

Mode EP (Effects and Presets) seems also very interesting in EurekaPROM, as it has favourite presets on upper row and lower row for turning individual effects on and off.

If you want to use other modes than FP Favourite Preset, turning individual effects on and off in EP or EF mode is very simple, just use right mouse button over AmpliTube virtual pedal and use the Learn-function and press the actual switch. If the led light doesn't work properly you have missed the led polarity change in first-time basic setup. Change the LE to 1 instead of 0.
AXE I/O - AmpliTube 5 MAX - Tonex MAX - Behringer FCB1010+EurekaPROM3.2
Ramses2ii

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling