how to get the dumble overdrive special as a model ?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

how to get the dumble overdrive special as a model ?

Postby Vegas101 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:59 am

can you buy it as one amp ? if you have AT5 ? if they make it so you have to buy tone X that would suck and I would think many would say IK is doing the wrong thing to customers
Vegas101

Re: how to get the dumble overdrive special as a model ?

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:10 am

TONEX is a separate technology so you'd need to use TONEX for the Dumble Overdrive Special. It is included in TONEX MAX. AmpliTube 5 MAX users get a $/€50 coupon in their cart during checkout for TONEX MAX.

To explain the difference between AmpliTube 5 and TONEX and how they work together as two different types of technology but together even more powerful:

AmpliTube and TONEX are two different products using different technologies: AmpliTube is made using analog modeling technology while TONEX uses a new technology called AI machine modeling ( https://www.amplitube.com/ai ). While analog modeling simulates the behavior of the whole circuit of the amp - with all the knobs, switches, buttons and their interactions - AI machine modeling gives an ultra-realistic simulation of the rig with a specific knob settings. So it's not that one technology is "better" than the other, it depends of what the final user's needs are: full editing and customization versus accuracy in getting a specific sound. Using them together gives of course the best of both worlds and a super-powerful amp-sim system.

The two products are also different because AmpliTube can simulate the entire set up used in guitar recording (multiple serial and parallel rigs combining amps, all type of stomp effects, post effects, cabinets and microphones, etc.. with full editing down to the single gear), while TONEX is dedicated to simulates just amp, cabinets and certain type of pedals (distortions, overdrive, fuzz, EQ, boost) in each of their combinations. However TONEX can be used inside AmpliTube, as a sub-system of amps and pedals, again to have the best of both worlds.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby squeezenor » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:42 pm

All that said, I can't imagine them getting their hands on so many new amps without a few of them getting the full analog component modeling. In fact, that would be deeply disappointing. Many we're getting a sneak peek at some future additions (or the new amplitube 6 models :lol: ).

I know just shooting a tone x láser is a million times easier and faster than doing everything from scratch, but it would be sad if a few of those new to ik amps that are going to be available in tone x don't make a subsequent amplitube appearance. Especially since there are a few that we've been asking about forever.

I realize they are two different products with different aims and experiences (and therefore, customer bases) but I think I'd much rather see them in amplitube than tone x. That's just me, from where I'm sitting right now. Maybe that'll change one day.
squeezenor

Postby Vegas101 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:32 pm

The bottom line is I agree,

if they dont analog model amps like dumble and make it at a minimum a Amp5max download for say a 40 credits or something its a waste of time owning this IK stuff. I think it should be free model for Amp5 MAX or make amp6 and make a cheap upgrade from 5 max.

In any event in toneX if you cant change bass mid treble gain and volume on an amp and any other switches like in Amp 5max there's no individual style in a preset one can find with their own playing
Vegas101

Postby shannon.clemans » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:18 am

you.... you can adjust settings of the amp in tonex idk...
shannon.clemans

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:43 pm

Note that expecting a Dumble for 40 credits is not likely to happen. This was an amp that cost a hefty six figure dollar amount to start and also note that the circuitry on Dumble amps is famously obfuscated with a very destructive method (destructive if you try to remove it) and that make component modeling much more difficult. Put those two things together and it is a recipe for something far outside the norm of $20-40 gear.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling