Help me decide. AT 5 max or Tone X. very confused

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Help me decide. AT 5 max or Tone X. very confused

Postby Vegas101 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:45 pm

so I just bought axe i/o a week ago and it came with AT 4 deluxe very limited. And annoying because it actually opens AT5 and most models hiss and you can tell they do that to get you to try and hear other amps. But its a little annoying. I want to upgrade this weekend t 5Max or just buy tone x. I see theres a killer special for labor day weekend. I wont really model my own amps seems silly with so many people already that have done that for us. That being said if I did buy toneX would it give me a ton of amps and effects like 5 max ?
Vegas101

Re: Help me decide. AT 5 max or Tone X. very confused

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:16 pm

AXE I/O also includes AmpliTube 5 SE.

AmpliTube and TONEX can be explained as such: AmpliTube and TONEX are two different products using different technologies: AmpliTube is made using analog modeling technology while TONEX uses a new technology called AI machine modeling ( https://www.amplitube.com/ai ). While analog modeling simulates the behavior of the whole circuit of the amp - with all the knobs, switches, buttons and their interactions - AI machine modeling gives an ultra-realistic simulation of the rig with a specific knob settings. So it's not that one technology is "better" than the other, it depends of what the final user's needs are: full editing and customization versus accuracy in getting a specific sound. Using them together gives of course the best of both worlds and a super-powerful amp-sim system.

The two products are also different because AmpliTube can simulate the entire set up used in guitar recording (multiple serial and parallel rigs combining amps, all type of stomp effects, post effects, cabinets and microphones, etc.. with full editing down to the single gear), while TONEX is dedicated to simulates just amp, cabinets and certain type of pedals (distortions, overdrive, fuzz, EQ, boost) in each of their combinations. However TONEX can be used inside AmpliTube, as a sub-system of amps and pedals, again to have the best of both worlds.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Vegas101 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:08 pm

thanks for reply. I think the AT5 max is te way to go. Yes toneX would be great addition but not needed at all if your never going to model anything yourself. I can always get it afterwards. thanks. do you know if this weekend I can go from my free AT 4 with axe and buy the 5 max ? seems I can it was 3.99 now 199.99 thats a bargin and more like it should be priced anyways. Especially sfotware that can be sold like digital currency over and over. I find it much better than I thought but only for tracking and playing by one self not for real amp like tones that I would jam with a real band with.
Vegas101

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:40 am

Well there will be 1000 Tone Models with TONEX MAX so you wouldn't need to capture your own gear but AmpliTube 5 is a great way to start because it does have time-based effects etc that TONEX does not. Both work together nicely so, as you said, you could add TONEX later if you'd like and put those great Tone Models in your AmpliTube 5 chain and have a really powerful guitar software setup!

AmpliTube 5 MAX is on sale for 199.99 right now so you would be getting quite a deal as well.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Vegas101 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:57 am

thanks and yes its wierd they made tone x and I dont mean for capture of amps just wierd because it makes no sense they should ahve just made the capture part and sold that and it can be used in AT5. who needs 1000 amps lol. Thats just funny! I am sure with max I could get any sound I want. thanks for yout time!
Vegas101

Postby jih64 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:10 am

Vegas101 wrote:thanks and yes its wierd they made tone x and I dont mean for capture of amps just wierd because it makes no sense they should ahve just made the capture part and sold that and it can be used in AT5. who needs 1000 amps lol. Thats just funny! I am sure with max I could get any sound I want. thanks for yout time!

It's not 1000 amps, it's more like 1000 captures, which includes pedals, speakers I guess etc, and there will be different captures for said amps, not just 1 Laney VC30(thank you, thank you very much) capture for example.

Have a look here if you haven't already
https://download.ikmultimedia.com/html/tonex/TONEX_Premium_Tone_Models.pdf

As to you dilemma, go on, get both, Amplitube MAX and TONEX MAX, Amplitube MAX is awesome, and there is no reason to think that TONEX wont be as well. I Pre-Ordered TONEX MAX on day 1, no regrets, and no reason to believe there will be.

Go hard . . . Go MAX !!
jih64

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:14 am

If you go that route, AmpliTube 5 MAX is at an incredibly low price ($/€199.99) and if you get it first you can then get $/€50 off TONEX MAX (coupon will appear in your cart during checkout if you have AmpliTube 5 MAX purchased and registered).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Vegas101 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:19 pm

thank you all. AT5 max first and foremost! Then in time ToneX
Vegas101

Postby Vegas101 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:51 pm

ONE MORE big ? If I buy AT5 max do I get all the custom shop amp models ? I notice you can buy them individually but if I make this purchase are they all in there ? FOR example I see in Custom shop a 57 twin amp for 40 credits. woner if I get all the amps and stuff in Custom shop. if so theres no need for tone x for now. TO many amps to choose from and more than any one needs to make tweak and get a great tone
Vegas101

Postby pelokee » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:56 pm

You don't get everything in the Custom Shop. The wording is a bit dicey, but to paraphrase it is something like ' you get whatever we have created at the time AT5Max was packaged'. For example, I bought AT5Max maybe a year or so ago. A month or two after that, they came out with the additional Mesa Boogie amp collection - I assumed I'd get those and after a few weeks the lock icon didn't disappear and I learned about this limitation/wording. So even with AT5Max, I'd have to purchase new things that enter the shop.

Having said that, AT5Max is an incredible deal especially now at the $199 price point. I got it with the AXE I/O interface bundle for I think $399 so it was basically free with the hardware purchase. IK regularly has deals so I'm on the fence like most people re: ToneX...seems to all work out in the end.
pelokee

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling