complete confusion about demos, etc.

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

complete confusion about demos, etc.

Postby richrut199 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:25 am

Okay, I'm probably a complete idiot here, but I just found out about AmpliTube and I have no idea how this is supposed to work. Apparently there is a version of the software that is free to check out, and comes with something like 42 available amps, etc. I can't figure out what version of AmpliTube I'm supposed to download to check that out--I guess I've got the demo version of 5 at the moment?--I'm not trying to get things for free, if I like this I'm happy to pay for it, but whatever I download and try to use in Digital Performer or as a standalone has that white noise regularly coming up. I thought if I could figure out which 42 products were usable, they wouldn't have that white noise, but there's nothing I can see in the preset lists that let me know which are available. Then I hit the "try" button in the Custom Shop and went back to the plugin and it still had the white noise.

What am I missing here? Do I have to actually purchase AmpliTube 5 to get the free presets? I thought purchasing gave you way more than that. Sorry for being an idiot, it's not like I haven't dealt with electronics for the past 40 years, but this process is confusing for me.
richrut199

Re: complete confusion about demos, etc.

Postby BassGuy99 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:02 am

AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop is the free download. When you download the app, you get 42 pieces of gear including:

10 Stompbox Models – 7 Band Graphic, Chorus, Compressor, Delay, Diode Overdrive, Flanger, Noise Gate, Opto Tremolo, Volume, Wah
6 Amplifiers – Brit 8000, American Tube Clean, American Tube Clean 2, British Tube Lead 1, SLD 100, Solid State Bass Preamp
7 Cabinets – 1x12 Open Vintage, 1x15 Bass Vintage, 2x12 Closed Vintage, 4x10 Open Vintage, 4x12 Brit 8000, 4x12 Closed Vintage, 4x12 Metal T
4 Speakers – American 12K, Brit 80, Brit Green, Brit V2
3 Microphones – Dynamic 57, Condenser 414, Condenser 87
6 Rack Effects Units – Digital Chorus, Digital Delay, Digital Reverb, Graphic EQ, Parametric EQ, Tube Compressor
6 Rooms – Amp Closet, Garage, Hall, Large Studio, Mid Studio, Small Studio

Installs as a Plug-in or as a Standalone Application (Mac/PC)

There is a button on the right side of the interface near the top, next to the search function that will allow you to see only the gear you have (check mark), don't have(x), or both(obviously x and check mark). You can toggle this by clicking on it.

If the preset you are using contains anything not listed above, you will get the noise bursts. If you are trying to demo gear, you may have to hit "Restore Purchases" in the Account tab in the Preferences menu(3 horizontal lines top right above the gear selector button) to eliminate the noise. Hope that helps
BassGuy99

Re: complete confusion about demos, etc.

Postby richrut199 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:30 am

YES! Thanks so much. Really appreciate the explanation.
richrut199

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling