Do I need TONEX Capture box

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Do I need TONEX Capture box

Postby hunimx » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:14 am

Thanlk you for the comments. I am happy with AXE I/O for capturing my 1978 Hiwatt amplifier. AXE I/O has very versatile and since it has Reamping output.

I am happy that I did not have to buy the Tonex Capture.

If some one already has an Audio Interface, the Tonex Capture could be good option.
hunimx

Postby blitzcraig83 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:28 pm

So i'm new to this and have a question: I just ordered an Axe IO solo and just discovered that you can do use the full fledged Axe IO for the ToneX modeler. I don't think that's possible with the Axe IO solo since it only has one input. I mainly just want to model some effects pedals when i get my sound where i want it (mainly because i have kids that love to mess with my knobs). My order hasn't been processed yet, wondering if anyone thinks i should cancel the solo and get the full full Axe IO for that capability. Might be worth the extra $90.

I do also have a focusrite scarlett solo that i could try to use with the axe io solo to get it to work (which might be possible)? I'm just torn on what to do. Thought about calling IK multimedia...but not sure what they'd tell me. Thought i'd go to some folks who use this.
blitzcraig83

Postby hunimx » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:00 am

Thank you for sharing your comments.

I have been using Tonex with AXE I/O alreay for a while and I am totally satisfied with the combination.

I captured my 1979 HIWATT Custom 50 Combo with my AXE I/O and I really like the captured sound.

Thank you.
hunimx

Postby rockbandguy » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:16 am

Peter_IK wrote:TONEX Capture is not required if you already have a re-amp box but it is a great re-amp box and companion to TONEX of course. However, if you already have AXE I/O, you can use that as it has re-amping abilities and you can see in our videos that we've used AXE I/O to capture what you've seen and heard so far (including for the audio demos on our site too).

Could You share a setup screen with using Axe IO only to capture with ToneX?
I am having a hard time figuring it out.
rockbandguy

Postby rockbandguy » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:11 am

vac713 wrote:All you need is an audio interface and a reamp box. The AXE I/O has both so you're good to go

That is the setup I have, too.
But when I walk through the capture process on the page where it shows the wiring the ToneX capture is always there. Can I simply ignore it?

Can You share Your wiring page?
rockbandguy

Postby hunimx » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:22 am

The AXE I/O should be connected and configured in the control panel as described below.

1. Channel 1 (input2) : Your guitar. But it is not necessary you can use the sample riffs included in TONEX

2. Channel 2 (input 2) : Microphones or line-out from the load box. If you capture your amp head (or STOMP+AMP HEAD) only using line out, make sure that your amp is connected to loudspeaker or equivalent load in the load box (Power attenuator + Dummy resistor). Otherwise you will damage the transformer of your amplifier.

3. Output for monitoring : Output1 for the left speaker, Output 2 for the right speaker.
If you use headphones, just connect the headphones to AXE I/O.

4. Amp-out : AXE I/O has amp-out function which works as a re-amp box. To activate the re-amp function, you must open the control panel for AXE I/O and activate the amp-out function. When done, connect the amp-out jack located on the far right side of the AXE I/O
to your amplifier to be captured. It is important to activate the amp-out jack.
The amp-out channel is "Channel 5" and it should be connected to the input 2 of the AXE I/O.

5. Then adjust the input/output levels of AXE I/O

Thanks.
hunimx

Postby rockbandguy » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:00 am

hunimx wrote:The AXE I/O should be connected and configured in the control panel as described below.

1. Channel 1 (input2) : Your guitar. But it is not necessary you can use the sample riffs included in TONEX

Thank You!
rockbandguy

Postby yrcrzy2@hotmail.com » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:47 pm

So I have a Universal Ox. How would I connect to my focusrite 8i6 to make my own amp captures? I also have the Tonex capture, but have had no luck so far.
yrcrzy2@hotmail.com

Postby tcio27 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:13 am

yrcrzy2@hotmail.com wrote:So I have a Universal Ox. How would I connect to my focusrite 8i6 to make my own amp captures? I also have the Tonex capture, but have had no luck so far.

I'm having the same luck with the 18i20 and the Tonex Capture box. Been at it for 2 days now. Can't capture a thing. Updated all the drivers. Reinstalled them and the apps again and again. Went through the routing a few hundred times, watched every Tonex Capture video on the planet, and still nowhere and ripping my hair our !@#$%!
tcio27

Postby joanesinu » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:49 am

Hello,

I've been using Tonex Max to profile my amps with good results without a reamp box. Actually, I still don't understand why I need a reamp box.

I have a DI Tone captor X wich receives the head signal without any cabinet.
I connect the guitar and the captor to an audio interface 1, 2 inputs. From output3 i connect directly into an amp input (Without any reamp device) controlling the level to be exact as I was doing it straight from guitar to amp input.

You can check my results searching for 'JIA' in tonenet. JIA_profiles is my account.

PD: My audio interface is a Focusrite Clarett 4pre. So, I am only using 2 devices, this audio interface and the Two Notes Torpedo Captor.
joanesinu

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling