Backing tracks for Amplitube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Backing tracks for Amplitube 5

Postby ZR1SydZeus » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:10 pm

What’s going on guys, I’ve run into a frustrating scenario with trying to use backing tracks in Amplitube 5. I did some research on how to input a backing track by dragging the media file into one of the tracks on the recorder. Problem is when I play the track it sounds horrible. It’s not clear sounding, distorted etc. I reached out to support and they said they plugged the track and it worked fine and sounded fine. I showed them my midi settings and that was it. Never got it resolved. They sent me the portion of the manual on how to input tracks but that doesn’t help. If anyone can help me out I’d appreciate it.
ZR1SydZeus

Re: Backing tracks for Amplitube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:18 pm

Sounds like the FX button is enabled on the track you dragged the backing track onto. That button will apply your AmpliTube chain to the track which you do not want to do for backing tracks and such.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ZR1SydZeus » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:34 pm

That makes sense. I’m new to this. Where would the fx button be located?
ZR1SydZeus

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:57 pm

Sorry I was using older wording, it is the "AmpliTube" button. In the Recorder section you should see the word "AmpliTube" with a power button next to it on the left side when you select a track. You can turn that on or off. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ZR1SydZeus » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:09 am

Yup that was it!!! Thank you. I wish support could have just said that.
ZR1SydZeus

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling