Recording background music while playing

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Recording background music while playing

Postby Milew8181 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:50 pm

I finally was able to get my iRig HD2 and iMac to work or at least not lag. What I would love to do, and see people doing all over the internet is, I want to play a song from say Metallica via YouTube, iTunes, etc and record my guitar playing along. I have amplitube 5 and have no idea how to even record so specific steps, if possible, would be great.

I read that you can play itunes in the background and record amplitube while playing along? Or is that Garage band? The whole reason I got the iRIg2 with Amp5 was to do just this. Have music playing, play along with it and record it (audio at the very least). I cannot find a start to finish guide anywhere and everyone online who gives lessons on how to play songs never shows how they got the that EXACT point.

Can anyone please give me some clear guidance on what I need to do from start to finish to accomplish this?

I also have the iRig amp. I have an iPod Classic, too, that would be able to stream through the Amp. But not sure if I am thinking about it right.

Thanks!
Milew8181

Re: Recording background music while playing

Postby Milew8181 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:58 pm

Any chance that anyone could chime in here and help me out????
Milew8181

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling