CPU usage is high

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

CPU usage is high

Postby antkn33 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:25 pm

I'm using Amplitube 5 latest version in Ableton live 11 on Macos 12.
The CPU usage hovers around 20% with just Amplitube loaded using a simple preset with just compression and overdrive.
Bias FX 2 hovers around 7%.
Is there anything I can do to reduce the CPU usage in Amplitube?
Thanks
antkn33

Re: CPU usage is high

Postby livesforrap » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:17 pm

It may depend on what you are using as an amp. For example, the Satriani stuff is a bit higher than the standard included stuff. The Boogie 2 stuff is quite a bit higher than that (even though they improved it some.

One thing I remember from my Live days is that Live uses the first core alot, showing higher values. But, as you add more instances, it will start to distribute more evenly and you shouldn't run into problems. Then again, I'm on doze so maybe mac is different?

Someone from IK will likely chime in here, but AT uses quite a bit more as far as flexibility inevitably resulting in more CPU use.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:55 pm

Try closing the plug-in window or minimising the stand-alone program. The graphics may be loading the CPU.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby transcendingmusic » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:37 am

Was the high CPU ever resolved?
So far I've tested these and just one instance uses quite a bit:

IK 81
IK Classic Clipper
IK Space Delay
IK Tape Echo

On this system:
Ryzen 5800X3D
Cubase Pro 12
Win 11
transcendingmusic

Postby transcendingmusic » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:12 pm

This actually seems to be a Cubase issue I did test it in Cakewalk and the same plugins I mention are barely making a dent in Cakewalk. It is still not super clear as to how to interpret the CPU use because other low CPU plugins, for example bx 4KE, is low in both DAWs.
transcendingmusic

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling