How to Troubleshoot Intermittent Hiss

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

How to Troubleshoot Intermittent Hiss

Postby snyd3r » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:02 am

From what I've read, the intermittent hiss I'm experiencing when using Amplitube 5 is supposed to indicate that something I'm using is in demo mode. Is there any way to troubleshoot what exactly this is? I'm at my wits end. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, unauthorizing/reauthorizing, and restoring my purchases, but nothing gets rid of the hiss. I didn't see anything that I'm using that's not in My Gear in Custom Shop. Please help.

Thanks
snyd3r

Re: How to Troubleshoot Intermittent Hiss

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:24 pm

It would be helpful if you let us know what version of AmpliTube 5 you are using and what presets and gear you are using. Also, IK Support would likely be able to identify the issue for you quickly as they have insight into your account and such if you have opened or will open a ticket with them too. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby snyd3r » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:14 am

I'm using:

AmpliTube 5.4.1 CS
AmpliTube SVX
AmpliTube Metal

Cakewalk 2022.06
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 19044.1766
snyd3r

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:39 pm

What are you loading in AmpliTube 5 when you hear the hiss? Any preset? What's in the chain?
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby snyd3r » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:39 am

I did an experiment with a brand new project. I added a midi track, sent it to a guitar virtual instrument, then sent it to a bus with AmpliTube 5 on it. I didn't change anything in Amplitube, I just left the defaults (Brit 8000 amp, 4x12 Brit 8000 cab). I still get the hiss!
snyd3r

Postby Kook1984 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:56 pm

Same problem here. I downloaded the presets in my manager and have the same hiss every 8-9 seconds. It shows items in the chain are locked.
Kook1984

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:35 pm

In both cases it seems something isn't being seen as authorized properly. I would recommend working with IK Support and they will be able to troubleshoot more directly and get you both up and running properly.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby snyd3r » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:54 pm

There aren't any locked items in my chain. I submitted a ticket and I'll post the resolution when it's fixed.
snyd3r

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:54 pm

snyd3r wrote:There aren't any locked items in my chain. I submitted a ticket and I'll post the resolution when it's fixed.

Yes that does seem like a key (and a bit odd) difference.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby christopher.moyse » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:52 pm

Just trying a bit of lateral thinking here, which may be completely unhelpful, but are you sure the hiss is from within AT5? If you are using the Noise Gate stomp and a high-gain amp, it is possible that you will hear a hiss every time the gate opens (depending on how it is set).

By experience of both cases, this hiss is easy to tell apart from the "protection" hiss that AT5 injects when you are using unlicensed items, however.
christopher.moyse

Postby snyd3r » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:48 pm

It was definitely AT5 because it happened exactly every 10 seconds and it went away when I bypassed the plugin.

So, I was able to finally fix it. I had to remove every instance of AT5 from all my tracks and busses, then re-add. It's an annoying fix and I'm not sure why it worked, but it worked. Possibly there was still some reference to an older DLL? No clue.

Hopefully this thread helps someone who experiences the same issue. Thanks for all the input!
snyd3r

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling