Amplitube IO Unpredictable

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube IO Unpredictable

Postby blindlemon57 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:37 pm

Hello,
I'm using amplitube IO with an iPad 6th generation (iOS 15.5) along with the iRig Stomp foot pedal. When I start up the amplitube application it's very unpredictable whether the foot pedal will switch pre-sets in the different banks. Many times as soon as I go to live mode, the iPad will re-boot and I have to relaunch and still may not work with the foot pedal...or sometimes it does. I've tried different combinations of starting up (plug in to iPad first, then launch the app...launch the app first and then plug in) and can't come up with consistent process to get up and running, which can be very frustrating just before a gig. Recently I couldn't get any signal out to my amp and had to play a gig without any processor. Is there a step by step process that works best to get everything up and running (Live mode on AmpliTube and can change banks with stomp foot pedal). Could it be the model of iPad I'm using?

Thanks
Doug
blindlemon57

Re: Amplitube IO Unpredictable

Postby aruben-oh » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:35 am

Same for me for months now. Updating IOS does not change this (now on 15.6.1).
I was hoping IKMultimedia would come up with a firmware fix.
aruben-oh

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:50 pm

I am not sure there is a firmware fix or similar as a solution, that would be something IK Support could help you with. Please report your issue to them if you have not already done so and they will happily assist you, thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby blindlemon57 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:12 pm

Peter,
Can you tell me how to contact tech support. The link takes me there, I select hardware and all I see on the website is FAQ's. No where do I see a form to put in my question and submit.

Have you heard of this issue? I wonder if I have a defective stomp pedal board. I have tried numerous procedures to get Amplitube up and running (usb first, then pedal board then launch Amplitube; Launch Amplitube first, then pedal board power, then usb, etc. etc.) And most of the time it re-boots my iPad. I've even tried a different iPad and still the same issue. I can't depend on the stomp/Amplitube for a gig anymore.

I'd like to be able to talk to someone at IK to see if they think it's a defective pedal board, but even calling the US number, I hit a dead end.

thanks
Doug
blindlemon57

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:28 pm

Try searching the FAQs first. If no results are appropriate then click the red [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby blindlemon57 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:54 pm

Thanks Darkstar,
I was able to get to support per your instructions.
blindlemon57

Postby aruben-oh » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:47 am

I have no exactly the same situation, IPad crashes and reboots nearly every time I power up and start AmpliTube. Over the last months it seemed to get worse. Back in April it would work for some time before a reboot happened. Tried also a different IPad and my IPhone, no change. Was the support team able to help?
aruben-oh

Postby blindlemon57 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:50 pm

Hi Aruben-oh,
Yes, they had me download the latest firmware (1.14) and update the stomp pedal. That seemed to help. I still get an occasional re-boot but out of 35 startup tests I only had 2 re-boots. Hope that helps.
blindlemon57

Postby aruben-oh » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:14 am

Thanks! How did you download the firmware? I tried their Windows app which stated that a firmware upgrade was done but I can not see to which version and nothing changed.
aruben-oh

Postby blindlemon57 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:37 pm

[mod redacted - links from support are for you specifically, they will provide the correct link for those who need it directly]
blindlemon57

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling