selecting default preset for AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

selecting default preset for AmpliTube 5

Postby mppdrummer » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:18 pm

If this has been asked previously my apologies, I searched and did not see anything. Does AMP5 always default on startup to the default setting or is there a way to select a default patch? I have one patch I use frequently for practice and while it isn't a huge deal, it is inconvenient to constantly have to switch to the patch I want on startup. Thanks in advance.
mppdrummer

Re: selecting default preset for AmpliTube 5

Postby squeezenor » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:36 am

I'm pretty sure it always defaults to the default ( ;) ). However, you can edit and save the default to be whatever you like.

In my case, I selected the default patch, preloaded a selection of pedals and rack effects I tend to use most, greyed everything out, and then hit save or edit or whatever. So that's what comes up at start up now. Everything is greyed out so I have the sense of a blank patch I'm assembling from scratch, but my essentials are there, ready to go. Pick the amp I want to use and I'm good.

In your case, I think you might have to select the default patch, recreate your favorite setting and edit the default, rather than picking your favorite and making that the default. Try it and see what happens.
squeezenor

Postby mppdrummer » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:29 pm

Thanks for the response. I posted this question on a facebook user group as well and found out I can just rename the patch I want to use to default and it will override the stock default. Just seemed odd to me that it didn't offer an option to save any given patch as your default.
mppdrummer

Postby john.kiser » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:17 pm

As I recall, for a while there modifying the default preset would potentially cause problems--at least in some DAWs (Reaper, in my case). So, although it's easy enough to modify the default, just be sure to remember you did so if your DAW starts crashing when you load AT as a plugin. I should hope they've fixed this, but I haven't reviewed all the fixes published when they post updates.
john.kiser

Postby carlaz » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:17 pm

mppdrummer wrote:Thanks for the response. I posted this question on a facebook user group as well and found out I can just rename the patch I want to use to default and it will override the stock default. Just seemed odd to me that it didn't offer an option to save any given patch as your default.

A "Set as deafult" checkbox might be good thing to be added to the preset interface.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Billy86 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:46 pm

carlaz wrote:
mppdrummer wrote:Thanks for the response. I posted this question on a facebook user group as well and found out I can just rename the patch I want to use to default and it will override the stock default. Just seemed odd to me that it didn't offer an option to save any given patch as your default.

A "Set as deafult" checkbox might be good thing to be added to the preset interface.

Oh c’mon. That would be too easy. ;)
AT5, Fender Collection 1, SVT Collection 1&2, Hendrix Collection, Brian May Collection, Slash Collection
Billy86

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling