Amplitube 5 not showing up in Reaper after 5.4.1 update

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 not showing up in Reaper after 5.4.1 update

Postby toehider » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:34 pm

Looks like the .vst3 isn't showing up at all in my plugins list since updating to 5.4.1
The .dll vst file is, but the problem is that I have a bunch of presets saved as Reaper .rpl from the old version. Also it looks like I've been locked out of heaps of amps and fx that I'm sure I used to have (I bought Amplitube 5 MAX)
I can visually see the .vst3 file in my plugins folder.
Anyone else experiencing this?
toehider

Re: Amplitube 5 not showing up in Reaper after 5.4.1 update

Postby GreaTeacheRopke » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:38 pm

Yes - same. I've been working around it by opening an old project with Amplitube 5 already installed and deleting everything to start over - good chance you've already thought of that. Someone else in the forum is complaining about Cubase too, also after this update. Hopefully they are aware and are working on it.

I don't think the missing gear is an issue - I also own MAX and I could be totally wrong as I am just an amateur over here but I am not sure that software was meant to continuously update with new gear as it comes out. I spotchecked a few items in Tonenet that I don't have and none of them were listed in the original MAX bundle (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... X_gear.pdf). Now, it sure be great if they could make it easier to not display any rigs that I don't have the gear for, or at least turn off the freaking hissing sound when I am trying to listen to a media sample, but these aren't huge issues.
GreaTeacheRopke

Postby GreaTeacheRopke » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:18 pm

I am not sure if your issue was the same as mine, but I had to manually add a new path to my plugin path list. For whatever reason, after this update, Reaper no longer knew where Amplitube 5 lived on my PC.
GreaTeacheRopke

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:27 pm

GreaTeacheRopke wrote:I am not sure if your issue was the same as mine, but I had to manually add a new path to my plugin path list. For whatever reason, after this update, Reaper no longer knew where Amplitube 5 lived on my PC.

Interesting. The installer should use the same paths as the previous install when you run an update so next time please take a look and note where it is putting the VST version(s). I wonder if something happened there.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Hugh0000 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:00 am

Just in case it helps someone else... in my case, Amplitube 5 was not showing in Reaper, but when I went to Options > Preferences > Plugins > VST and clicked the "Rescan" button I saw "Plug-ins that failed to scan" as the last option. Amplitube 5 was in the list that showed when I selected "Plug-ins that failed to scan." Just clicking on it in the list made it scan and show up.

I had forgotten that list of failed scans even existed. If I recall correctly, plugins that pop up a reg page, or just take too long, can end up on the list.
Hugh0000

Postby MoritzP1 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:34 pm

Hugh0000 wrote:Just in case it helps someone else... in my case, Amplitube 5 was not showing in Reaper, but when I went to Options > Preferences > Plugins > VST and clicked the "Rescan" button I saw "Plug-ins that failed to scan" as the last option. Amplitube 5 was in the list that showed when I selected "Plug-ins that failed to scan." Just clicking on it in the list made it scan and show up.

I had forgotten that list of failed scans even existed. If I recall correctly, plugins that pop up a reg page, or just take too long, can end up on the list.

Had the same Problem, this helped very much indeed! Thanks a lot!
MoritzP1

Postby sticks5015 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:39 pm

This solved the issue for me as well. Thanks Hugh0000
sticks5015

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling