transfer amp4 preset to amp5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

transfer amp4 preset to amp5

Postby madsyentist » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:38 pm

so i have a preset that i like a lot in amp4 i did put that preset in ampl5 put i was wondering on ampl4 i see pre model (British) EQ ( British Tube Lead 1) amp (100W KT66) on the amp but i dont see that on my amp5 preset when i load it is there a way to get those if it has something to do with the sound i have screen shot put cant up load
madsyentist

Re: transfer amp4 preset to amp5

Postby Boogieshoes » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:51 am

If you saved your own named preset in AT4 then you should be able to browse through your presets and find it.

Because, on my setup which was standard install, AT sets up preset library folders by AT version, as in AT4/presets and a separate AT5/presets, you may have to browse folders back up using the folder selection to find the AT4 presets because they are not ‘mixed’ when you installed AT5.

I very much expect when you do find the preset, that it will sound different and you will have tweak/adjust it to get it to sound how you wanted. Not so much the any pedal effects but everything else. At least it gives you a close starting point.
Boogieshoes

Postby madsyentist » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:07 pm

i found it but i dnt see pre model (British) EQ (British Tube Lead 1) amp (100W KT66) on AT5 so my next Question are pre model (British) EQ (British Tube Lead 1) amp (100W KT66) apart of the new amp without seeing them on the amp? but the rest of what u said is helpful
madsyentist

Postby Boogieshoes » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:42 pm

Not quite sure what you are looking for from your post, but if it is the British Tube Lead 1 amp then it is included in the AT5 amps selection under the 'High Gain Section' of amps so should map to that if that amp is what was used in AT4.

Your use of 'Pre' is what is making it hard to be sure. AT5 does include (version dependant) the Brit Valve Pre which is their approximation of a JMP-1 Midi preamp but that is not an AMP with KT66 power stage valves hence your use of 'Pre' is confusing.

A lot of the BRIT amps are aimed at 'imitating' a Marshall amp, but unless its a Slash model then they don't say so frankly they could say anything about what the power valves are and it makes no difference as there is no such AMP (Brit Tube Lead 1) in the real world that we can say it is and make such comparisons.
Boogieshoes

Postby madsyentist » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:07 pm

if i could add a screen shot it would be simple sorry ok so I had a preset from AT4 i made out of the Jimi Hendrix solo-The Wind Cries Mary and if you're looking at the amp under the gain knob it says British lead 5300 and under that it says pre amp. under bass middle tribble and presence it says British tube lead 1 and under that it says eq model last under volume it says100W KT66 under that it says AMP MODEL so i am not sure if that's part of the sound or what it even means however i copied that preset in AT5 and when i look at the amp i don't see all the things i mentioned so does that mean its auto-apart of the amp even though i don't see it or can i add that stuff? sorry i am a novice with this and trying to understand the simple thing if you still don't understand i cant give u my email and show you in screen shots thank u
madsyentist

Postby Boogieshoes » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:24 pm

The problem with simulations is that the Hendrix series amps that are used are just that so agreed naming to match the real amps.

If it was the Brit (so Marshall based) then AT5 Hendrix set has two probable candidates, those are the British Lead S100 and the JH Gold. Without a full AT4 full version I cannot compare these.

The best I can suggest, is that if the AT4 version in yours had a 4 jack socket jumper link capability on the front panel then that probably equates to the JH Gold otherwise it would be the Lead S100.

The truth is even if the same imagery was there, then it would sound different in AT5 anyway and you'd have to tweak/adjust as I said originally. I suspect that IK have fudged the package to pull in the nearest equivalent amp if they dropped the old imagery.
Boogieshoes

Postby madsyentist » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:32 pm

so i can show you a screen shot i also understand that the sound is different from AT4 from AT5 i can show u screen shots of what i mean
Last edited by madsyentist on Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madsyentist

Postby madsyentist » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:35 pm

i guess i could combo and ad 2 more amps?
madsyentist

Postby Boogieshoes » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:13 pm

Sorry, happy to help as best I could through the forum here.
Please, if you can edit and remove your email, as I would hate you to get loads of unwanted stuff posted.
Boogieshoes

Postby madsyentist » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:16 pm

LOL NP just really don't know how to how to explain it better be nice if ik let up but up screen shots i will try then on facebook
madsyentist

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:13 pm

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling