What is needed externally to get proper sounds out of AT5?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

What is needed externally to get proper sounds out of AT5?

Postby dcdrums » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:38 am

Hello everyone;
I recently purchased AT5 for my studio for clients to use if they don't have decent amps/cabs of their own to record with (mostly younger guys/gals w/o alot of $$$ for high end gear).

I am a drummer, so I don't have a lot of experience with amp sims and want to provide the best environment for my clients if they need or desire to use Amplitube.

Having said that, what would a guitarist need to bring with them to bring out the best in AT5?
Will just a guitar be sufficient, or do they need any pedals, etc.? Also, is there anything I should provide to get the sounds they might be looking for, such as a DI box or re-amping box for the proper signal chain? I am running with several Presonus Fire studios for my interfaces.

TIA...

-Drew
dcdrums

Re: What is needed externally to get proper sounds out of AT

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:04 pm

That's a great use of AmpliTube 5! I am not familiar with the interface you are using but usually decent interfaces have an Instrument/Hi-Z input. My experience with those types of inputs varies, sometimes you don't get as great a signal in as you might want. In those cases I would use a DI or preamp purpose-built for guitar. And since I am with IK but also discarding that bias I do LOVE the Z-Tone technology of AXE I/O (our premium interface with great guitar-centric features).

You don't need to buy another interface, though, since you can get Z-TONE technology with our Z-TONE DI direct box. For my main studio setup where I don't have an AXE I/O connected (though I use two of them on other computers all the time) I use Z-TONE DI into a channel on one of my audio interfaces (three Steinberg MR816 series daisychained).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling