My wish: Stop falling back to different audio interfaces

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

My wish: Stop falling back to different audio interfaces

Postby StupidUsernameRules1 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:52 am

Amplitube keeps falling back to another audio interface, causing a feedback loop. I typically work on my laptop and, when I open up my laptop after having unplugged my interfaces, it falls back to the built-in microphone and built-in speakers, causing a terrible, squealing feedback loop.

I get that the app is trying to be helpful and not make me do more work but, in this case, I really, really do not want Amplitube trying to pick a different audio interface for me. In certain scenarios, I could see this damaging someone's hearing.

Grr. Sorry for the rant.
StupidUsernameRules1

Re: My wish: Stop falling back to different audio interfaces

Postby richard1969 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:06 pm

Seconded. In fact, there's no occasion Amplitube should ever allow the built-in mic and speakers to be activated at the same time -- even if a user thinks they want this -- for the very reason described above.

The only interface I ever use with Amplitube is my iRig, and I want it to remember that. If it's not connected to my laptop, I should get an error message saying "Selected interface not found. Please make sure your interface is connected" or similar wording. NOT an ear-blasting squeal. There are also times a user might want to launch Amplitube without any interface connected (to check purchased gear or look at a preset or something) and Amplitube should allow that to happen gracefully. Right now, it doesn't.
richard1969

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling