Amplitube 5 and Tone Net problem

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 and Tone Net problem

Postby dave158 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:51 pm

Hi

I have a copy of Amplitube 5 obtained with my Irig HD2. I cannot get it to connect to Tone Net. I have a working Tone Net account on the website. I have updated, reinstalled and reauthorised Amplitube. However, I cannot get the program to connect - it just gives me the error 103 message asking if I have a valid Tone Net account (I do).

I found a solution for Mac computers referencing deleting the .plist file, but cannot locate this file (I am on Windows 10)

Any advice gratefully received.

Regards

Dave
dave158

Re: Amplitube 5 and Tone Net problem

Postby kierank » Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:01 pm

I’m on MacOS and also had this problem after I first registered for tone net. De-authorising/authorising didn’t work when I first tried it. It was only after I logged out of the Product Manager and back in that it started working. It might have been a coincidence, but after that it began working.
kierank

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:53 pm

If the above suggestion doesn't help, the IK Support team can assist you directly if you open a ticket with them. I'm sure they can get you up and running. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Vendox777 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:53 pm

Does any of you manage to fix this?
I have the same issue for two weeks now and so far support is not answering...
I have tried everything including clean install with full registry clean up of all keys related to IK Multimedia.

I also have valid IK Multimedia account and Tone.NET. I can access both via web browser with no problem but still cant access Tone.NET in Amplitube 5.

I also add all IK Multimedia apps to go freely though Win Defender Firewall, I'm running aps as administrator. Also tried multiple reinstallation of all IK Multimedia application and reauthorization of Amplitube in various ways...

[mod redacted - unnecessary]
Vendox777

Postby FenderMustangToo » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:14 pm

I had the same problem - I have a Tone.net login same as Amplitube login, but Tonenet was inactive from inside Amplitube 5, kept giving an error asking to check my login over and over again -

I was messing around to see if I could find something and then I realized that when I liked some random preset on the website, it triggered Tonenet on Amplitube to become active. Maybe it was something else, but most likely that was it.

So try it. Essentially,
1) go to Tone.net,
2) login,
3) then "Like" a few presets, (doesn't matter which ones)
4) give it a couple of minutes
5) Try to connect from your Amplitube 5

Good luck
FenderMustangToo

Postby Geezerman1 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:44 pm

I am still unable to connect to ToneNet from inside Amplitube. I can connect through a browser but it seems there is no way to access the presets like this. Is there something I am missing here? I have a valid login, I have tried liking some of the presets, I have logged out and back in from the manager and the website. Any Ideas?
Geezerman1

Postby Geezerman1 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:43 pm

So I have fixed this on mine at least. It had to do with the host file.
Geezerman1

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:19 pm

Note that none of our software alters your HOSTS file in any way.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MideBass76 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:41 pm

FenderMustangToo wrote:I was messing around to see if I could find something and then I realized that when I liked some random preset on the website, it triggered Tonenet on Amplitube to become active.

The trick found by user FenderMustangToo worked for me:

• I first got the error message "103: Please verify that you have created a valid ToneNET account", and the dot in button "ToneNET" was red.
  • Then I updated to version 5.5.2.
  • After this the dot in button "ToneNET" was green, but when clicking on it I got the following error message: "Unable to connect to Tone.NET."
  • Then I liked some preset on the website, and after after this it worked!
MideBass76

Postby JacobHubler95 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:58 pm

So, anyone prompted to go to ToneNET via the browser icon within AmpliTube 5 after receiving error code 103, only for it to not allow you to make a profile? It says," Create account failed, please retry or contact support (Code:-5)." Can't seem to get anywhere with tech support and I've tried everyone's suggestions as to how to fix this issue. I can log in to IK Multimedia just fine, but when I try to log in through ToneNET, I am forced to create a profile even though I thought I had an account already established way back when. Also, their site still says BETA under the ToneNET logo. Maybe it's just a technical issue/bug? Thanks!
JacobHubler95

Postby TimJThomas123 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:02 pm

I am unable to connect to ToneNet from inside Amplitube. I can connect through a browser but it seems there is no way to access the presets like this. Is there something I am missing here? I have a valid login, I have tried liking some of the presets, I have logged out and back in from the manager and the website. Any Ideas?
TimJThomas123

Postby Clickvieh@2022 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:25 am

Hi,

just the same Problem here, Error 103, Mac OS.

I Liked some presets on ToneNET Website, logged out and in in Product Manager, waiting 5 Minutes and it works.

Greetings
Clickvieh@2022

Postby MrPowair246 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:48 pm

kierank wrote:I’m on MacOS and also had this problem after I first registered for tone net. De-authorising/authorising didn’t work when I first tried it. It was only after I logged out of the Product Manager and back in that it started working. It might have been a coincidence, but after that it began working.

It worked for me too! Thanks mate
MrPowair246

Postby JeffSchmitz64 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:06 pm

Dave,
Could you post the solution for mac computers you found using the plist file?

Thanks,
Jeff
JeffSchmitz64

Postby jens.neumann@lan4you.de » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:20 pm

kierank wrote:I’m on MacOS and also had this problem after I first registered for tone net. De-authorising/authorising didn’t work when I first tried it. It was only after I logged out of the Product Manager and back in that it started working. It might have been a coincidence, but after that it began working.

Thank you!!! I had the same error in ToneX on Windows 10:

103: please verify that you have created a valid tonenet account".

Logout and back in at the Product Manager fixed it also for me.

De-authorising/authorising didn’t work.
jens.neumann@lan4you.de

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling