MESA California Levels

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

MESA California Levels

Postby thievedletter » Tue May 31, 2022 4:00 am

Is it just me or are the levels super low on this amp? I have a medium to hot signal entering AT5 going into the California. Two close mics, in phase at 0db, with the amp on the 40w selection. I have the Master knob dimed and the gain around 50% and get a pretty low signal. Changing to lesser wattages makes it completely unusably low volume.

Is anyone else having this issue?
thievedletter

Re: MESA California Levels

Postby thievedletter » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:33 pm

Dang 45 people have seen this post and not one person can tell me if it is working correctly or not for them?
thievedletter

Postby BrianCadoret » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:00 pm

I've tried the California in trial mode and the output volume is much the same as other amps.
Sure you have but is the output (bottom right corner) is set accordingly, or a preset is taking the volume down.

Brian
BrianCadoret

Postby thievedletter » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:26 am

Thanks for replying. The output is set for 0.0db, so I dunno what the issue is.
thievedletter

Postby squeezenor » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:14 am

I have the input gain maxed across the board as my default setting because every amp I tried felt dull, lifeless, or short of gain. Leaving the input gain (on the bottom left) cranked largely solved that problem. Not only am I getting the expected gain levels from higher gain amps (where I'd have to boost them before), but even clean amps have woken up. Smartest thing I've done in amplitube.
squeezenor

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling