Amplitube on a new computer

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube on a new computer

Postby MauroDave31 » Sun May 29, 2022 5:35 pm

hello everyone,
I ask you for help given my inexperience. This is the first time I have to change computer, So I'd like to be prepared.
how it works with the installation, since with my account even if I enter ik manager on another computer it will be installed.
How do i install it on the new pc? Do i have to uninstall it from the old one first? and does something change between windows and mac?
MauroDave31

Re: Amplitube on a new computer

Postby Boogieshoes » Sun May 29, 2022 6:44 pm

1. If you are getting a new computer and disposing of the old one, then I believe you need to uninstall the software or more specifically deauthorise the install on the old computer using the product manager software on that specific computer. If you don’t then As I understand it you will lose one of the authorisations you were allocated when you bought the software. From memory, so I may be wrong, you got 10 possible authorisations initially so this is why you want to deauthorise if you are disposing of the computer. What happens if the computer went splat and you can’t use it to do the deauthorise from that computer is in the lap of the gods. Probably need to go grovelling on hand and knees asking if you can please get the lost authorisation back please…. whatever such things always feel horrible when things go wrong.

2. Technically you can install on another computer and that will require you to authorise the install on that computer using the product manger on that computer using your login.

3. As far as I recall, you can install (and authorise) on more than one computer, but the licence only allows use of one computer at any one time. So you can’t install on more than one computer and have others using those computers at the same time as you.

I am happy to be corrected if an IK person can get through the lengthy and complex wording of the licence agreement.
Boogieshoes

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling