plugin is crashing

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

plugin is crashing

Postby JamesZimmerman2 » Tue May 24, 2022 5:22 am

Hey
I'm using AT5 with Reaper and I've generally been happy with it even though it's little slow to load. I used AT5 successfully with a project of mine and the plugin loads fine on that project. However, on a new project AT5 plugin window just shows a blank screen. It alters my guitars sound and seems to work, but I cannot change any settings or close the window, forcing me to force shut down Reaper.

A lot of people seem to have this exact problem but I have no luck finding the fix. I've tried to clear and rescan VST cache and reinstalling AT5 without luck. Instead I try my luck here. Any help?
JamesZimmerman2

Re: plugin is crashing

Postby Boogieshoes » Tue May 24, 2022 9:27 am

I had issues and still do trying to use AT5 with Reaper.

You say that AT5 is slow starting up, which was one of the first issues I hit with it too. I say ‘one’ of the first issues as the first issue was a video driver issue as although my Nvidia graphics were working fine on AT4 they didn’t for AT5 but that was noticed trying start AT5 as a stand alone app. So maybe check that your device drivers are all up to date, as that be a cause of crashes.

The next issue was as you state, slow starting. I put that down to my PC being the base spec IK state on the AT5 docs ( a Core 2 Duo, Win 7 Pro and 8GB ram). In Reaper AT5 would open slowly and I did manage to get some sounds out of it, but it was extremely hit and miss how it worked. Sometimes it would work other times it just was everywhere with all kinds of latency issues and Reaper reporting huge CPU draw far above what I had experienced with AT4 demo stuff.

I did manage to get some improvements after struggling with it. The core things I did were to use the free Resplendence Latency monitoring software ( a quick internet search will find it) to evaluate the PC.

If you are on a laptop particularly, though it can affect desktop pcs, check that any windows power settings are not impacting but the CPU and Video performance. There is some good advice associated with the Resplendence software that can help guide you.

You may have a much more powerful PC than me, I gave up trying with a Core 2 Duo and parked AT5 as although it sort of worked it wasn’t workable. I hope you find an answer, I tried support but got nowhere.
Boogieshoes

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling