Offline install of Amplitube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Offline install of Amplitube 5

Postby geddydawg » Fri May 20, 2022 11:39 pm

Ive had Amplitube 4 for some time, and recently wanted to get the Joe Satriani piece as well. I purchased last night, and where Ive had Amplitube 4, was hoping for the Satch version for Amplitube 4, but seems it came with the Amplitube CS5. So how when Downloading the "5" version on the pc connected to the internet, all is ok, but when trying to install on the DAW pc that is not connected to the internet, saying its only got 9 days left, and I have no accecss to any head, pedal, etc, etc, no access to anything I had previously from Almpitube 4. Can "5" be installed successfully without internet access? Is there a way to just get the "4" version of the Joe Satriani files? I feel like ive just taken many steps backwards
geddydawg

Re: Offline install of Amplitube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 20, 2022 11:57 pm

You would need to install and authorize AmpliTube 5 in IK Product Manager while connected to the internet. Once that is done you can load and use the authorized gear even when you are offline.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby geddydawg » Sat May 21, 2022 12:23 am

I had authorized the download from the internet connected file. When "5" was installing I noticed the files it was installing from, "AmpliTube_5_4_0.zip" I copied that zip to the DAW, no internet pc and installed. But getting the not authorized messages. Am I using the incorrect file to install on the DAW pc?
geddydawg

Postby Boogieshoes » Sat May 21, 2022 7:07 am

Doubt you can authorise and copy files over as you imply as the added features are AT5 dependent. I had AT4 custom shop/demo and it worked well for me. Updated by buying AT5 and had loads of problems that I haven’t been able to fix.

I think you’ll need to get all the AT5 CS and any windows registry stuff on the offline machine, so basically install activate and remove from online….. unless IK Tech support can tell you another way… probably not. These online activate only things are ending my days with a lot of software providers.
Boogieshoes

Postby geddydawg » Sat May 21, 2022 2:19 pm

I hear ya!!! Its a very nice product, some serious upgrade from 4 to 5, BUT... there's a reason I keep the DAW pc offline, one less chance of anything going wrong with it, accidents or actual hacking. I wanted and paid for the "Joe Satriani" addition.. only really needed it for "4", but seems I was only give the files for 5. $50.00 just gone away as I'm sure IK isn't gonna refund be because Im being safe and not putting my DAW pc online. Most software has workarounds for offline installs/license additions, etc. Guess I'll need to find a way to contact IK directly on this issue. I just bought something I cant even use.
geddydawg

Postby Boogieshoes » Sat May 21, 2022 4:45 pm

I can't say. I think if you had bought AT4 before they released AT5 you should be able to get some help. I totally understand the 'offline' thing it makes hardware seem apealling again if a little bulky.

I was only running the demo/CS version and bought AT5 Max but wanted to be able to use AT4 variant as I had and still have mega issues with AT5 on my pc which we got nowhere trying to fix.

AT5 has major changes to the sims so I don't know how they would help to give you AT4 variant files unless the product manager allows you to download the addons in that format from your account products page. As I say I had hoped I could have backward cover having bought AT5 but it wasn't offered and I gave up.

The support route in is a bit convoluted taking you through FAQ stuff before you get to a point where you can open a ticket for support. Hope you succeed.
Boogieshoes

Postby geddydawg » Sat May 21, 2022 8:05 pm

Thank you for the added notes. Yeah, in my IK Product Manager program, shows Amplitube 4 Full purchased/registered at the very beginning of the year. And access to 4 again after purchasing the "iRig Pro Duo I/O" for mobile recording with the iPad, etc, as I use PerSonus RM32AI and RM16AI cascaded together (for 48 xlr inputs at once with the DAW).
I know there are some major and even nice changes in Amplitube 5, but honestly, where 4 works and 5 doesn't, id settle for getting the Joe stuff in 4 variant if that is possible. Who knows, but Ill need to ty to open a support ticket to find out. Right now its $50.00 wasted. Here we go...
geddydawg

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 23, 2022 2:00 am

You only need to be online for installation/authorization/update as stated above. IK Support can help you if you are still having trouble.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling