How does this work?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

How does this work?

Postby Leevis2022 » Thu May 12, 2022 8:03 pm

Hi, bought the Brian May bundle

I thought this would be a stand alone thing but looks like I had to download Amplitube 5 and the bundle is loaded into that

I did that

I have a HX Stomp but cannot for the life of me work out how to set it up so that I am hearing the Brian May tones

What I am hearing is the tones in the HX Stomp. There is a dry path (5 and 6) but even that sounds distorted.

I have to be doing something wrong but no idea what, when I palm mute the stings a pluck It sounds like distortion pedal through a distortion channel

Can anyone help?
Leevis2022

Re: How does this work?

Postby huli50 » Sat May 21, 2022 12:55 pm

When I first opened Amplitube 5, I think the default preset had a high gain amp loaded on its distortion channel. Maybe checking the amp that you see or changing the amp to a clean one you have will help with what you want to do. If you're not sure what to do, post a screenshot so that we can see the Amplitube setup you're running through.
huli50

Re: How does this work?

Postby Boogieshoes » Sat May 21, 2022 7:04 pm

Leevis2022

You asked a similar question and I tried to help in that posting.

I think you need to explain you exact setup and how you are using it to get a better answer. As in;

Guitar > HX > via USB > PC/Mac

Once the signal flow goes to the PC/Mac what software are you using? AT5 with the BM adding or something else like Reaper and using Amplitube as a plug-in in that?

Both Amplitube or a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) like Reaper need to be configured to see the audio input device (the HX) and for the audio output to use that device too (normally). The HX will need to be connected to you amp or studio monitors for the sound to play back from the software used, be that Amplitube or DAW software.

Most importantly, because the HX is an amp sim and effects too, the HX amp and effects need to be bypassed so just dry guitar is going into the the software on the PC/Mac. If not you will get all the normal HX sound going in as well…. And a Mega mess.

I don’t use Amplitube 5 stand alone, I gave up with it on my Pc,I do use the old Amplitube 4 that had because that does work but I do not use it as a stand alone software I use it into a DAW as a plug-in for the free amps it came with.
Boogieshoes

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling