Helix HX Stomp

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Helix HX Stomp

Postby Leevis2022 » Wed May 11, 2022 5:12 pm

Hi Just purchased the Brian May tones which gave me Amplitube 5 and not too sure how to set this up to get decent sounding tones.
Any tips? I am using Inputs 4 and 5 and then outputting the to HX Stomp which is going into speakers but I am sure it should sound better
Leevis2022

Re: Helix HX Stomp

Postby Leevis2022 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:04 pm

I'm totally stuck on this

I have purchased the Brian May collection and was hoping to be able to use my HX Stomp as the interface into the Amplitube which is bundled with it.

Currently, Amplitube seems to play whatever preset is on the Helix and I need this to be clean

Secondly, I cannot even find the Brian May presets

Help
Leevis2022

Postby Boogieshoes » Thu May 12, 2022 8:42 pm

With no other replies - I’ll try to help here, but caveat, I don’t have an HX.

Based on using a Line 6 POD xtLive I am expecting the HX Stomp provides a USB signal to your Computer which is running ATube.

The HX stomp probably shows in your computer as an Audio device, if it is PC then it will probably be as an ASIO device which can be set as the audio device in whatever recording software you use or in Amplitube.

I don’t know the HX Stomp but basically you need to bypass ALL amp, effects or speaker sims if it has them (I assume it does, like the old POD xtLive). Any of those things in the HX will completely alter the raw guitar signal being used by Amplitube.

If I recall correctly the Line 6 stuff had special settings to be set to tell it what sort of amplifier or monitor speakers/PA you were playing into. So check the HX manual for that. Hopefully you are using full range PA/Monitor speakers.

Excluding playing, that as far as I am aware is about all you can do apart from guitar pickups, volume, tones levels and in BM’s case his destinctive pickup switching settings used.

I wandered through a few BM setups as a matter of curiosity when first installed AT5 Max. I wasn’t overly taken by what I heard but I don’t use any of the setups that came with AT5.
Boogieshoes

Postby Abikis » Tue May 17, 2022 2:31 pm

Check page 55 of the hx stomp manual (its online if you don't have it) to make sure you're using the proper inputs for a "dry" signal and not a processed one. Looks like it should be inputs 5/6 but I don't have an hx stomp to confirm that.

If that's not right I'd suggest asking somewhere helix related, it would be more likely to find people using the hx stomp as an interface there.
Abikis

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling