AT5 Mesa Mark V amp static/problem?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT5 Mesa Mark V amp static/problem?

Postby JasonFunk » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:09 am

Hi all, just purchased the Mesa Mark V amp and for some reason when I choose that amp every 10-15 seconds or so I get a loud static sound for about 1-2 seconds. It's not the guitar going to the amp, a noise gate does nothing. It does it on all channels regardless of settings. It sounds almost like a purposeful artifact. None of my other amps do this. I had chose sample for 72 hours, but bought it after about 2 minutes. This sound sounds like something that might be for sample products purposefully screwing it up so you can't record with it. Is that what this is? I have no idea why it keeps making this sound and it's driving me crazy. any help would be appreciated.
JasonFunk

Re: AT5 Mesa Mark V amp static/problem?

Postby garfy » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:39 pm

Hi JasonFunk

What you describe sounds like a module that is not in trial mode or been authorised. Try going to the Custom Shop app and clicking "Restore My Purchases" under your username. That will hopefully complete the authorisation process properly.

Let us know if that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby JasonFunk » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:41 pm

garfy wrote:Hi JasonFunk

What you describe sounds like a module that is not in trial mode or been authorised. Try going to the Custom Shop app and clicking "Restore My Purchases" under your username. That will hopefully complete the authorisation process properly.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks for getting back to me. Right after buying it I tried to register it in IK Product Manager with the code as well as clicking the "Restore Purchases", which did make it shown as bought (the sample period time logo disappeared and I can use it however I want), but unfortunately, that noise was still there. I restarted my computer, restarted the program.... but all to no avail, the sound is still there. I really don't have to have to delete everything and download again because I just updated yesterday lol. Any ideas? Thanks you in advance!
JasonFunk

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:47 pm

Are you sure everything in the chain is also purchased? All stomps, racks, cabinets, etc?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JasonFunk » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:37 am

Peter_IK wrote:Are you sure everything in the chain is also purchased? All stomps, racks, cabinets, etc?

Hi, I just checked and you are correct! I reinstalled thinking there might be a glitch but the sound was still there when I reinstalled. I checked like you said and the cabinet was not purchased! I thought they came as a package deal lol. Switched cabinet and now the problem is solved. Thank you very much! Can't believe I didn't notice that! lol
JasonFunk

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling