Windows requirements

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Windows requirements

Postby Devillers1957 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:14 am

I loaded AmpliTube 5 on a laptop and am having problems with output. Since this is a older laptop (2015) what are the requirements (RAM etc) to run Amp 5? I currently have 6GB but have the ability to add more. Have a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz processor. Is this good to use?
Devillers1957

Re: Windows requirements

Postby simon194 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:00 pm

Devillers1957 wrote:I loaded AmpliTube 5 on a laptop and am having problems with output. Since this is a older laptop (2015) what are the requirements (RAM etc) to run Amp 5? I currently have 6GB but have the ability to add more. Have a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz processor. Is this good to use?

I'm not sure of the official spec but I have Amplitube 5 running on a PC in my studio that has a Core 2 Quad Q9650 that hails from 2008 with 8 GB RAM and an M-Audio M-Track Eight audio interface and don't have any issues.

Is the problem with the onboard audio? I've never actually tried using the onboard audio on my laptop because I always use an external audio interface.
simon194

Postby deepsman » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:03 pm

I would have thought your laptop should be fine, but you can see the requirements here. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... hp?p=specs
deepsman

Postby Devillers1957 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:33 pm

Thanks for the replies. I’m using a computer external speakers at this time but want to up that to studio speakers once I used to this. I have a lot of gear (amps, pedals)for my guitars but wanted to try the digital world and possible recording. I found since posting the original post that if I turn up the volume on the iRig the static/noise goes away. Again, since this is new to me what exactly does standalone mean? I’m plugging the guitar>iRig>laptop>above mentioned speakers. Is that standalone? Thanks for the link as well. It does show 8GB of memory is suggested so I may upgrade the RAM. Otherwise I should be good. Thanks again
Devillers1957

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling