AmpliTube 5 and old 4 usefulness?!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 and old 4 usefulness?!

Postby LKBorg42 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:34 pm

Hej wise crowd of the web!

With a maxed out AT5 is there any reason I keep the AT4 (deluxe edition I got with my Stomp IO) or is it just dead space, collecting dust on my drive?

Tbh, I never really used it and the interface of 5 is so much better. Hence I also dunno if there's anything useful in there to keep that 5 has not implemented?

Bonus question: is the Custom Shop needed aswell, I mean, I maxed out 5 so I guess not?

thx & cheers
LKBorg42

Re: AmpliTube 5 and old 4 usefulness?!

Postby squeezenor » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:10 am

i can only say that i've yet to open 4 back up since i installed 5, and that was back in 2020? it's just that much better.

the only thing i could think of is if you have presets or custom amps with the mix and match power sections that you made and still want to use. and though it hasn't been opened in years, i still haven't deleted amplitube 4 (though i clearly need to). little curious about it again. but man, it sucked next to 5. maybe i'll be better at it now. the power amp thing is intriguing. wish they brought that back.

as for the custom shop, i tried to delete mine and something went wrong and now i can't uninstall or reinstall it. help ticket accomplished nothing. i don't know. all the ik stuff has been problematic on install. the whole process is just so bad. i think i can still buy things, but i can't demo them anymore. which essentially means i can't buy things anymore.
squeezenor

Postby DarkStar » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:24 am

Uninstalling Custom Shop will not recover much. Another user recently posted that it was no longer needed to Try new gear.

Please reply to Support saying that the problem still exists and request further advice.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby LKBorg42 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:50 am

Ok, so Amplitube 5 doesn’t really use anything (like a pedal or so) that’s not in 5 but 4 native.

So other than a nice gimmick, it doesn’t offer any value to 5 by keeping 4 installed?
LKBorg42

Postby DarkStar » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:52 am

All your AT4 gear is available in AT5. It may sound slightly different (better) given the audio improvements in AT5.

But if any of your projects use AT4, then you need to keep it installed (at least until you have migrated them to use AT5). AT5 does not replace AT4 on disk or in you projects.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling