VIR Requires Paid Version of Amplitube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

VIR Requires Paid Version of Amplitube 5

Postby Durgroth » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:23 am

I see another thread where a user is having a similar experience to me. They tried to download a preset from ToneNet, got the white noise, removed all of the clearly locked/unbought items but are left with the white noise. When clicking the warning icon it mentions VIR must be paid for, but there is nothing obviously using VIR or any way to turn it off.

The newer issue I'm having is that after downloading a preset that caused white noise, I went to the preset selector just beneath the File, Edit, and Options button. I changed this back to Default, but still get the white noise. It looks like I have to either go to another preset first that doesn't have it or close/open Amplitube again.

Advise/help? Thanks!
Durgroth

Re: VIR Requires Paid Version of Amplitube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:56 am

The cabinets in the presets you are downloading use VIR™ as the user who created them used AmpliTube 5 SE, AmpliTube 5, or AmpliTube 5 MAX so one of those versions would be required in order to use the preset as intended or you would need to switch the cabinet in the preset.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Durgroth » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:49 pm

Alright I'll give that a shot. It looked like in the presets I used I already had the correct cabinets unlocked unless you're talking about a specific setting.

I'm still curious about the Default issue though. Shouldn't switching back to the default preset undo any settings from someone else's preset? I would think so, but that doesn't seem to work in terms of VIR. It's also worth noting that the warning label goes away when I select Default, but the white noise continues.
Durgroth

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:27 pm

I'm not sure about the Default issue, you would need to open a ticket with IK Support to report that behavior if you still get the noise after loading the Default preset.

The other behavior with presets is because you are using the free version of AmplITube 5 CS and the presets are made with one of the paid versions that include VIR.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling