"VIR requires a paid version of Amplitube 5"

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

"VIR requires a paid version of Amplitube 5"

Postby W1tchseason » Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:19 pm

Hi - I'm getting "VIR requires a paid version of Amplitube 5" when I try to use certain presets, and a "This feature is only available in Amplitube 5" message when I click the VIR tech button - even though I *have* a paid version of Amplitube 5 Max, and just updated to the latest version.
I've reauthorised but no luck - and therefore still get random static bursts.
Any ideas?
Thanks
W1tchseason

Re: "VIR requires a paid version of Amplitube 5"

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:23 pm

I had someone check - your account only has the previous AmpliTube MAX (v4 or below) present. AmpliTube 5 CS is there, but you would need to upgrade to AmpliTube 5 SE or AmpliTube 5 to get the VIR™ technology. Or you could upgrade to AmpliTube 5 MAX to get the collections that have been added since your version of AmpliTube MAX was released and all the new features including VIR™.

The features and gear included are available on the AmpliTube 5 web page, including comparison charts and gear lists.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby W1tchseason » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:18 pm

Ah - OK, I understand now, I had v4 Max and did the free upgrade to v5 - but this only upgrades me to v5SE. I still have all the features and gear I had with 4 Max but not e.g. VIR.
That being the case, if a preset includes VIR can I disable it for that preset? Or am I stuck with the static?
Thanks
W1tchseason

Postby DarkStar » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:03 pm

^^^^
From what Peter has posted, AT5 SE includes VIR.

And, earlier you posted that you had AT5 MAX. Is that correct or a typo?

In either case, in the IKPM, click the [Products] tab for AT5 to see exactly which products in the AT5 family are Registered to your Account. You should see AT5 SE or AT5 MAX there. IF so then Unauthorize AT5 re-authorize it. Then run the Custom Shop program and do a "Restore my purchases". You may need to reboot your system too.

That should make the VIR and other features available.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling