Amplitube 5 CS crackling issues

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 CS crackling issues

Postby Keithbenedict71 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:12 pm

I just installed Amplitube CS. I've tried using it with an Xsonic Xtone and Line 6 HX Stomp as interfaces into my laptop. My laptop has 8 GB RAM and an i7 processor. I have plenty of drive space and the app has been installed to my primary drive.

I'm getting really bad crackling sounds when I play. It's not something that's happening every few seconds...as if I haven't authorized it...it's happening all the time. I can make it mostly go away by increasing the buffer to 1028 or 2056, but this causes massive latency.

I've used both the Xtone and HX Stomp as interfaces into my iPad and iPhone and I don't get the same crackling sound from Amplitube CS for iPhone or iPad. It's only occurring on my laptop.

I have updated all drivers and I still have the problem.

I just purchased iLoud Micro Monitors and I'm evaluating Amplitube 5 as a replacement for my HX Stomp. I'd really like to get the MAX version, but obviously I can't do that if I can't get CS to work.
Keithbenedict71

Re: Amplitube 5 CS crackling issues

Postby Keithbenedict71 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:33 pm

Update:

I installed Amplitube on my desktop computer. It's a i5-2400 running at 3.1GHz and 10 GB RAM. If the crackling issues were caused by computer performance, I'd think this i5 with less RAM would be much worse sounding than the i7 with more RAM.
Keithbenedict71

Re: Amplitube 5 CS crackling issues

Postby Keithbenedict71 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:05 pm

Final update: I figured out my laptop was on the slowest possible power setting. After setting the power management to highest performance, it now works awesome.
Keithbenedict71

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling