let me get this...do I have to be connected to the internet?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

let me get this...do I have to be connected to the internet?

Postby SenecaReader2 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:48 pm

bought rig hd2 , it says I get a free download of amplitube 5 se. In the user area thing it says Amplitube 5 authorised. Then I open the standalone Amplitube and it works but if I disconnect says I am not connected to the internet?

I don't understand....have I authorised SE or a demo? I also seem to be getting an AmpliTube 4 version...does it works in the same way as this is working now?

because that's not how I work at all....I don't connect to the internet when I am doing stuff, and certainly not when I am playing music or recording, that's ridiculous. So far this feels like an online rpg for guitarists.

Maybe I am missing something here, but if that's how AmpliTube desktop works, for me it is already over.
SenecaReader2

Re: let me get this...do I have to be connected to the inter

Postby SenecaReader2 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:02 pm

I'll give this one last shot. If I buy some cabs or amp models, will it work without internet? The software says 'you need to connect to the internet to try X'.

I mean, is this for real? If I record with AmpliTube in my DAW and then I open my project and I forgot to pay the internet bill, AmpliTube won't load or work?
SenecaReader2

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:07 pm

You only need to be connected in order to try gear. Once you have purchased and authorized IK products and AT5 gear you do not need to be connected to the internet.

If you still have trouble with your installation, IK Support would be happy to assist you via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and make sure everything is running smoothly and to your satisfaction.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SenecaReader2 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:28 pm

ok so how do I get AmpliTube 5 SE to work without connecting to the internet? as I wrote, I authorised SE because I bought the interface. But when I open amplitube it just says 'AmpliTube 5' and it appears with a few basic amps and the locked amps.

Is this the SE version or the CS ? It should be the se version since in the user area it says 'authorised' and it bears today's date.

I am not having any trouble with the installations. I just am having trouble understanding what's what. I thought that AmpliTube SE is a plug in that I can use without having to 'try' anything, since that would be the point of the CS version.

Also, in the email I received after registering the irig , there's a link that says 'AmpliTube 4' below 'get your software here'. I thought this was a free copy of AmpliTube 4, but now I am not so sure. Why is there the AmpliTube 4 link for?

I play 3 instruments, mastered 2, and made music for over 30 years, yet I am just incredibly confused. Thanks for the quick reply, though. I am hoping to get amplitube to work on my desktop. I already have it on my Ipad and I am interested in going further with this, provided it's not going to require too much effort. I am old school, me and computers have never been been a good pair.
SenecaReader2

Postby SenecaReader2 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:42 pm

the amplitube I installed simply shows up as 'amplitube 5' with a yellow icon. I guess that is the se version, not the cs, so why does it stops working when I am not connected to the internet? I am using the amps and cabs that came with it. I am not trying anything.
SenecaReader2

Postby SenecaReader2 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:56 pm

ok I seem to understand what's happening. it says 'there's no internet, you have to be connected to try, etc' but that doesn't mean it stops working or that I must be connected or that I have to try anything. It just happened that it DID stop working but because of something unrelated (I was using another audio interface temporarily). I think I am starting to get my head around it, but thanks for clarifying that I don't need to be connected if I bought the amps and cabs.

One other thing I'd like to know....if I am right, I am using the SE version, so will I be able to take advantage of the vir tech if I buy additional stuff? There's some amps and cabs that I liked in the iPad version so I'd like to get those on the desktop. Thanks.
SenecaReader2

Postby SenecaReader2 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:12 pm

ok I can see the vir tech working in another menu. I am more optimistic now
SenecaReader2

Postby SenecaReader2 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:54 pm

OK,, figured it all out :) it all works now. All I really needed to know was that I didn't have to be connected unless if trying stuff. All good! I am completely satisfied. Nothing ever feels like my tube amps, however I must say Amplitube is very well made, and I got a lot for my money. The software is of high quality, as is the IRIG HD 2, it works really well no matter where I plug it , iPad, Mac, and very easily, without fuss. Basically for the money of the interface I got myself the full AmpliTube for the Ipad, and Amplitube 5 SE, and more. I really can't complain, I tried other amp sims and frankly I liked none of them, Amplitube is the only amp sim I like. You've got a fan. Thanks. :)
SenecaReader2

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:03 pm

That was a bit of a wild ride, glad you got to the destination! Also glad you like AmpliTube 5 and I agree that iRig HD 2 is pretty crazy good for an affordable portable interface. Surprisingly so, and I've been here for the whole evolution of iRig from day one and am proud to see how far it all has come. Now don't get me started on AXE I/O... I'd be a raving fan of that even if I didn't work here :D
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SenecaReader2 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:32 pm

yeah I had read the review of axe io in guitar world magazine, I think, were it is top rated. I am sure it is a high quality interface , my hd 2 seems to have modest features but in fact it allows me to do all I need: connect guitar OR line instruments, and record at 24 bit 96 kHz. I had been using a 24 bit 44 kHz interface for many years but I needed to step it up as I'll need to record and upload for distrokid, which I understand will compress the files, whatever res they are. And as cash is very tight, the HD 2 suited me perfectly. It works like a charm!

you have all the right to be proud of Amplitube, something done well and over an extended period of time is always commendable, be it software, making records, or writing books. And let me tell you, I have always dismissed all amp sims, I tried most of them, line 6, Bias fx, and others. Amplitube is definitely my fav. Thank you for your help! :D
SenecaReader2

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:53 pm

Glad to help! Yes, iRig HD 2 is a champ and not "just for the size/price/whatever" as you point out. Good luck with all of your musical endeavors and if you end up recording something you'd like to share, make sure you post in the "Jam Session" subforum if you'd like.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SenecaReader2 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:23 am

hey Peter,

just to let you know, someone from Italy on ebay is selling Amplitube 4 and 5 max for peanuts. I have reported it to ebay but they didn't do jack. Just letting you know.
SenecaReader2

Postby SenecaReader2 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:26 am

I mean pirated copies
SenecaReader2

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:48 pm

Peter may well reply later. In the meantime could you pass all the details to Sales Support?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby SenecaReader2 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:51 pm

well it's pretty easy, just search amplitube on ebay, you'll see the guy selling for about 12 bucks
SenecaReader2

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling