L.R Baggs Para Acoustic DI in Amplitube

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

L.R Baggs Para Acoustic DI in Amplitube

Postby anilnc » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:33 am

Hi

Is there LR baggs Para Acoustic di preamp in Amplitube? Or can we have one in future?

Or you suggest it should be better to buy the hardware unit itself?

Please advise.

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-B ... and-EQ/MH5
ST4, Syn2, Syn1, iLoud Micro
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
Cubase 12, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Re: L.R Baggs Para Acoustic DI in Amplitube

Postby Boogieshoes » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:32 pm

There isn't one about the only thing is the Boston 100 sim they have and that doesn't seem that close not that I have used it. Technically feasible to add one or a clone should they so wish to either do something clone like or LR Baggs work with IK I guess.

But you could use any sim and take the DI route and apply other vsts and IRs to the DI signal in whatever DAW you use.

Whilst some have said that using pedals or other boxes like that in front of whatever interface you are using for your computer audio IO, I have not found that to be the case as long as care is take to get good levels to the interface, not to low and certainly not clipping. A decent EQ vst should be able to help notch out frequencies and shape the sounds as well as the LR Baggs but I'd do that in a DAW not in the Amplitube Standalone application which I don't use at all.
Boogieshoes

Postby anilnc » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:51 pm

Hi,

I didn't quite understand your first half message, but understood you are suggesting an eq can be used to notch the frequencies. I got it. But I was looking for that sound I am hearing from this unit, as it is also a preamp apart from eq options.
ST4, Syn2, Syn1, iLoud Micro
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
Cubase 12, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Postby Boogieshoes » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:47 pm

The only AMP simulations that are NOT full combo's or amp heads are the Boston 100 or The IK version of a Marshall JMP-1 pre amp in AT5. They do also have a version of the Tech21 SansAmp as a pedal feature but there are also other eq pedals that would allow some shaping but to use that you would have to bypass the 'AMP' section of AT5. you could do that anyway and apply shaping and EQ in the Rack stages of AT5 I suppose.

The LR Baggs box is basically both an Interface to allow DI signals to whatever AMP or DAW or what have you that you connect it to as part of that interface. So it would be pretty much the same as any computer audio input interface except that it has tone/eq facilities but critically for accoustic instruments it has a the Notch control so you can isolate and manage any resonant frequency that may affect the overall balance of the sound that you are trying to get.

Parametric equalisation, i.e. frequency, and bandwidth either side of that frequency and whether or not that selection is Cut or Enhanced can be achieved with any decent EQ either in hardware or as a VST plugin in a daw. A good parametric eq allows much more specific selection of what need to be cut or enhanced i.e. it can be a Notch filter.

So assuming that you are working with an accoustic guitar I would cut out the LR Baggs and either plug any transducer or microphone if no transducer is used direct in to a daw audio interface. The depending how you set that up you can record the RAW DI signal from the guitar and apply EQ after allowing as many and as much adjustment as you like or you can set the EQ and any Notching and record that direct. No need for any LR Baggs box.

That was the point of what I was suggesting. Most sound we want is in the hands of the player, the rest is how we setup the eq and balance with any effects including gain stages.

I hope that helps clarify.
Boogieshoes

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling