Amplitube doesn't work as a VST in Reaper, just DI.

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube doesn't work as a VST in Reaper, just DI.

Postby Patrickgeary86 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:07 am

Hello,
I'm trying to get Amplitube 5 to run in Reaper but it just gives me a DI signal. My end goal is to be able to stream audio from Amplitube into a Discord call, but after messing around for hours, I'm still at the same place. Any help is appreciated!
Patrickgeary86

Re: Amplitube doesn't work as a VST in Reaper, just DI.

Postby bryanm » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:06 am

One possibility might be that your interface is not sending signal to reaper but directly to your speakers. Check your interface software to make sure that it’s routing the audio into reaper. Focusright has a little mixing utility, You probably have something similar even if you don’t have that particular brand.
bryanm

Postby Boogieshoes » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:17 pm

Depends where in Reaper you inserted the AT5 vst. You can insert it in the selected Track Input or and a post input effect (Fx). The latter can give rise to some latency depending upon your computing power and interface drivers etc.

That said, as a vst in Reaper generally records the DI info and uses CPU power on playback to process that DI info through the vst plugin. It allows you to edit vst settings (not just Amplitube) and to re-amp or reprocess what you recorded. Alternatively you can ask Reaper to Freeze or fix the the track and it will do so, by creating an AT processed file form the raw DI. This is often used to save on CPU and processing resources by no longer having to process that track along with everything else. Take a look at Freezing tracks and how that's done in some of Kenny Gioia's Reaper videos or the manual.

The Reaper Forum has a good spirit and there are people over there who would help.
Boogieshoes

Postby smata65 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:16 pm

Ie been using AT in Reaper both live an in my studio for more than 10 years, and it works with no problems.
First, as bryanm suggests, make sure that Your Audio interface is not routing direct audio to the speakers.
In Reaper, make sure that you selected the audio input where You have connected your instrument, and that You have recording and monitoring enabled
Hope this helps
smata65

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling