Amplitube Custom Shop

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube Custom Shop

Postby grazianialessio » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:35 am

Good morning,
two questions about Amplitube Custom Shop:

1) I migrated from Amplitube 4 (the one bundled with iRig HD2) to Amplitube 5 Custom Shop. Now at his page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/?pkey=amplitube-5-se specifies that Amplitube CS "Unlocks previously purchased gear", while other versions of Amplitube 5 "Upgrade previously purchased gear". Now, exactly what does it mean in terms of the final tone? Am I using Amplitube 5 but that sounds like Amplitube 4?

2) in Amplitube Custom Shop is it allowed adding a preset downloaded from the web? If yes how?

Thanks in advance
Alessio
grazianialessio

Re: Amplitube Custom Shop

Postby grazianialessio » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:31 pm

No one is able to reply to this question? In particular to the second one? Why My Amplitube SE (yes I migrated) is able to import only some presets (while some others are not loaded)?

What is the right way to have support by IK (I also wrote a mail 5 days ago but no one replied)? I bought IRig HD2, Amplitube 5 SE, Jimi Hendrix Collection and several other gears... I think I deserve technical support...
grazianialessio

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:17 pm

This is a user to user forum, and when you reach out to support note that they typically will respond within a few business days (Monday through Friday). We have posted guidelines on getting help with any ticket with which you are not satisfied on this forum at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

The process to import presets is in the AmpliTube 5 User Manual installed with the product and available in your IK User Area as well. If you are only seeing some, there was either an issue importing or you have the Gear Selector set to the setting that shows only presets and gear that you own and the preset contains gear you do not own (Gear Selector is also explained in the AmplTube 5 manual, but it is over the gear list right pane of AmpliTube).

AmpliTube 5 (non-CS versions) upgrades your current gear with things like the new VIR technology (new cab modeling + hundreds of IRs per speaker, etc) which is a big update in sound quality for your existing gear you own.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby grazianialessio » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:58 am

Dear Peter, thanks a lot.

So I tested that by changing the state of the small button in the Gear Selector I can now see also presets that were hidden in the previous state ("show me only gears I own"). In my opinion, this behaviour (that is so powerful) should be easier to understand by the final user. Presets regularly imported but that cannot be used to missing gears should not be hidden, but may be shown in a different way. Because I did not have any feedback about the importing stage, I didn't even know if it was OK or not.

Anyway, thanks a lot
Alessio
grazianialessio

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling