AT5 on Windows- very slow pre-set browser

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT5 on Windows- very slow pre-set browser

Postby SLiC » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:09 pm

Latest version on fast i7 PC - click on browser for example collections...have to wait 2-3 seconds before anything to show- the pre-set browser seems very slow, when ever I click on anything I get a few seconds lag (I am not talking about loading the actual pre-set, just moving around the browser)

Anyone else- anything I can do to improve this (I have refreshed pre-set browser etc and it lives on an SSD)
SLiC

Re: AT5 on Windows- very slow pre-set browser

Postby christopher.moyse » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:40 pm

Are you by any chance a One Drive user? My experience is that OneDrive slows start up and preset access. I have had long dialogues with support about this. They (wrongly) say that the answer is to exclude the IK Multimedia folder (which appears in Documents) from OneDrive. I do not believe it is possible to exclude a given folder from Documents (which is typically central to using One Drive). The correct solution would be for Amplitube to provide a setting/configurable alternative location for its folder. The problem could then easily be solved by setting a location that is outside of the OneDrive ambit. If this is also your problem, I suggest you raise the matter with support on the more the merrier principle.
christopher.moyse

Postby SLiC » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:35 pm

Yes, I do use OneDrive, I'll see if its running or if I can turn it off to confirm.

Thanks for the help!
SLiC

Postby SLiC » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:47 pm

Nope, I have one drive disables in start up so it wasn't that (I don't think), I'll keep digging...
SLiC

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling