Hissing Sound When Trying AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Hissing Sound When Trying AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop

Postby dgp09610 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:04 am

I just downloaded the free version of AmpliTube 5 on my Mac to try out the product before a potential purchase. I carefully followed the instructions for installing and registering the AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop software.

My understanding, based on the description of the software from the website is "Free expandable guitar amp & FX modeling software with 41 models to start."

When I start the AmpliTube application on my computer. The amp setting is labeled 'Default'. From here, I can play and hear myself fine from my Scarlet 2i2 interface. If I select any of the other amp settings, within 10 or 15 seconds of playing, I immediately hear a hissing sound for 2 - 3 seconds. I assume this is telling me that these options are not purchased yet? Seems like a very strange way to do this?

I get that, but how can I find the 41 models as part of this free version? It seems every option I choose other than the Default one, creates this hissing sound. Please advise which 41 models are available. I feel like I'm wasting my time evaluating the software if the only setting that does not create the hissing sound is Default.

Thanks!
dgp09610

Re: Hissing Sound When Trying AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop

Postby garfy » Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:33 pm

Hello dgp09610 and welcome to the forum.

In the top right hand corner of the AT5 app there is an icon of a combo, next to the Search Gear field. If you click the combo until it shows just a tick this will filter to just the 41 pieces of gear you own, as well as any relevant presets.

This link will show you all the gear models that are unlocked in the CS version.

You can demo further pieces of gear, without restriction (ie hissing) for 72hours, by clicking on any gear piece with a padlock over it and following the instructions.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby dgp09610 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:59 pm

Thanks so much! I'll check it out!!

Also, I was thinking about purchasing the SE version of AmpliTube. Is there a lis of the 80 gear models that come with this version?
dgp09610

Postby garfy » Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:06 pm

If you click here and scroll about half way down, you will see all 4 versions with a Buy Now button. Underneath each button is a link to the list of gear included in that particular version.

Alternatively, this link is the full comparison chart.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling