USB Electrical Noise In Amplitube 5 [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

USB Electrical Noise In Amplitube 5 [Resolved]

Postby Boy_Narf » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:00 am

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased 5SE along with the Orange amps packs (sounds incredible) and I'm having some issues with usb electrical noise with med - higher gain amps. Weirdly enough, if I go to the looper the noise stops with 3 of the 4 routing options. If I select the bottom routing option, two arrows, the noise comes back.

This is very bizarre as I've been trying to track down the cause of this for weeks now. I've tested every cable and and wire that is plugged into my interface, messed with different drivers, even unplugged all of the peripherals on my computer but the noise is still there.

What exactly happens when entering the looper mode that would cut out the electrical noise? I'm very confused at this point. Is there a setting applied in looper mode that I could apply to the regular playback mode? It seems the sound changes when entering looper mode. Is it dropping to a lower quality to deal with the additional audio steams?

Thanks,
Boy_Narf

Re: USB Electrical Noise In Amplitube 5

Postby Boy_Narf » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:35 pm

The noise is resolved. My Bose L1 M2 power supply was on the way out and causing interference to all my devices in basement. Unplugged the Bose and the sound went away. Time to send it in for repair.
Boy_Narf

Re: USB Electrical Noise In Amplitube 5 [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:11 pm

I am glad that you have tracked down the problem.

-----------------------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling