Amplitube Low Buffer Size Sound Bad

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube Low Buffer Size Sound Bad

Postby Notkrillin1 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:06 am

Very generic title, but basically anything below 512 buffer size has constant buzzing and popping and just sounds terrible. I've tried adjusting the gain, input and output settings, and even buying a new guitar cable. I'm assuming it's a program problem because it is still present when I switch the input to my microphone and speak into it. Running Windows 10 and PC should be more than capable of handling CPU and RAM wise.
Notkrillin1

Re: Amplitube Low Buffer Size Sound Bad

Postby garfy » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:22 am

Hello Notkrillin1 and welcome to the forum.

What audio interface are you using? Have you installed the manufacturers drivers for it?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby rspst14 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:33 pm

It might be your interface. With a newer PC and an Axe I/O Solo, I can get my buffer down to 64 with no issues.
rspst14

Postby Notkrillin1 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:12 pm

garfy wrote:Hello Notkrillin1 and welcome to the forum.

What audio interface are you using? Have you installed the manufacturers drivers for it?

Hello and thanks! I'm using an iRig HD 2. Inputs go guitar > iRig > PC. I just managed to switch the Technology to Windows Audio instead of DirectSound and get a good sounding 256 buffer size, but that's the lowest option it gives me without having to switch back to DirectSound. I have installed the drivers, and I suppose I should have also mentioned in the original post, but the Firmware Updater doesn't recognize the iRig when it's plugged in. Not sure if this means there's no updates to be installed or if it's not recognizing it entirely.
Notkrillin1

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:39 pm

With iRig HD 2 you should be using ASIO via the iRig ASIO Driver that is available in your IK User Area / Product Manager.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby captship » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:06 pm

FWIW, if you are using the IRig ASIO driver, check if safe mode, found under the buffer settings, is on. I found at low sample rates if this was Off (unchecked) would get pops and crackling, all fine when turned on.
captship

Postby Notkrillin1 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:48 pm

Peter_IK wrote:With iRig HD 2 you should be using ASIO via the iRig ASIO Driver that is available in your IK User Area / Product Manager.

It wouldn't show up under the ASIO tab even though I had installed it, so I installed ASIO4ALL. Is there a specific file where I should have downloaded it?
Notkrillin1

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:07 am

Notkrillin1 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:With iRig HD 2 you should be using ASIO via the iRig ASIO Driver that is available in your IK User Area / Product Manager.

It wouldn't show up under the ASIO tab even though I had installed it, so I installed ASIO4ALL. Is there a specific file where I should have downloaded it?

You should see it under Hardware in your IK Product Manager. If you do not please contact IK Support and they will assist you. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling