Are all the presets creating load on CPU?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Are all the presets creating load on CPU?

Postby spantini » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:05 am

I've had Amp 4 for some years now and never has it been sluggish or caused problems.

Amp 5, on the other hand, seems to be limited in how many instances can be added to a project.

I had 5 instances running on as many tracks with no problems. My interface and DAW block sizes were set at 256 with low latency and all was well. Adding a 6th Amp 5 to an additional track caused major stuttering on playback. Raising the block sizes to 512 stopped it - for awhile. However, adding an additional stomp to that track caused the stutter to return.

I removed Amp 5 from the 6th track and added Amp 4 using the same amp with similar rack and stomp units. Now there is no stuttering.

Something about AmpliTube 5 is chewing up CPU. Is it the hundreds of presets - most of them locked and unavailable? Maybe I can move the locked presets into a dead folder to see what happens.
spantini

Re: Are all the presets creating load on CPU?

Postby SDM_T_RACKS » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:32 am

You are correct. The number of presets loading is a huuuuge drag on AT5. What I did was to make a copy of my AT5 presets folder. I then went into the presets folder and cleared out EVERYTHING other than my 30 or so custom presets, At now loads in half the time and consumes way fewer resources. You can always copy individual presets back into the preset folder to try them out in the future.
SDM_T_RACKS

Re: Are all the presets creating load on CPU?

Postby spantini » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:07 pm

Ahhh.... Thank you! I'll do the folder procedure you mentioned and let you know.
spantini

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling