Importing aupreset-files (amplitube 3) to amplitube 5?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Importing aupreset-files (amplitube 3) to amplitube 5?

Postby Fendermeddle1 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:14 pm

Yes, so

I've red about importing presetfiles between the verisions of amplitube here on the forum, and have done what's said to be done. Copied them to the preset-folder, that is.

I'm now at the place, where I get a list of my old presets to choose from, just as in Amplitube 3, which I used before. But nothing happens when I choose them. AT5 doesn't load the preset, simply put.

I've red the filenames like at5p somewhere around, and want to ask about this. My files are named "aupreset". Why is that? Could something about that be the culprit?
Fendermeddle1

Re: Importing aupreset-files (amplitube 3) to amplitube 5?

Postby Fendermeddle1 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:25 pm

No answers?? Nobody knows anything about this??
Fendermeddle1

Re: Importing aupreset-files (amplitube 3) to amplitube 5?

Postby garfy » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:32 pm

Hello Fendermeddle1 and welcome to the forums.

Sorry, I don't have AT3 installed to double-check those, but presets for AmpliTube 4 are suffixed *.at4p.

If you have the suffix of "aupreset", could it be that you have saved the presets via a DAW. AT5 would not be able to read this in standalone mode and I'm not sure if it could read it with the DAW.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling