Confused on AMP package purchases

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Confused on AMP package purchases

Postby Ironsheik7 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:49 am

I need to understand how this works exactly.

To begin with I'm seeing the Amplitube max at various prices on Guitar Center online
IK Multimedia AmpliTube MAX $499, IK Multimedia AmpliTube 5 MAX (Download) $349,
IK Multimedia AmpliTube 5 MAX (upgrade) (Download) $249

Why are they all different???? They all say MAX?

On the official Amplitube website It almost looks like you must first have the AmpliTube 5 CS free, then you must purchase AmpliTube 5 SE $149, then you must purchase AmpliTube 5 $179.99 next, then you can purchase AmpliTube 5 MAX $349 last.

It almost looks like a chain i.e. in order for the $179 package to work you must first purchase the $149 package, and for the $349 package to work you must first purchase the $179. So in order to get the MAX package it will cost you close to $700 total like a chain of packages that must be bought first. Is that what this is?

I need some answers to that.

Secondly. If a person purchases an amp package. What are you getting, what I mean is are you getting some type of code sent to your email or something and you then insert this code into the free Amplitube 5 suit which pops the locks open to the amps to use?
Ironsheik7

Re: Confused on AMP package purchases

Postby garfy » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:33 am

Hello Ironsheik7

Ironsheik7 wrote:To begin with I'm seeing the Amplitube max at various prices on Guitar Center online
IK Multimedia AmpliTube MAX $499, IK Multimedia AmpliTube 5 MAX (Download) $349,
IK Multimedia AmpliTube 5 MAX (upgrade) (Download) $249

Why are they all different???? They all say MAX?

I had a quick look and it appears the difference between the $499 and $349 versions is that the more expensive one is delivered on a USB drive, whereas the $349 version is a download. The $249 version is, as you already put, an upgrade from a previous lower level version.

Ironsheik7 wrote:On the official Amplitube website It almost looks like you must first have the AmpliTube 5 CS free, then you must purchase AmpliTube 5 SE $149, then you must purchase AmpliTube 5 $179.99 next, then you can purchase AmpliTube 5 MAX $349 last.

No. You can go straight in with the MAX version if you want to.

Ironsheik7 wrote:Secondly. If a person purchases an amp package. What are you getting, what I mean is are you getting some type of code sent to your email or something and you then insert this code into the free Amplitube 5 suit which pops the locks open to the amps to use?

Exactly that. Your serial numbers unlock the various pieces of gear/gear collections. There are some differences in features between the CS version and the paid versions though.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:47 am

You would need to ask Guitar Centre about the different prices.

My opinion differs from garfy's. I suspect that the 499.99 one is AmpliTube 4 MAX and from the pic comes on a USB stick. The blurb say 300 gear models. The other two are both for AmpliTube 5 MAX, with 400 gear models. If you already have a Qualifying Product (an IK Multimedia product listed at $99.99 or more) then you would qualify for getting it at the Upgrade price (249.99). Check your User Area / Crossgrades & Upgrades to see which ones you qualify for, if any.

Your interpretation of the purchasing order on the IK Multimedia web site is not correct. You can buy AT5 MAX there today, without getting any lesser editions.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Ironsheik7 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:48 am

Yes the reply helped. Thank you
Ironsheik7

Postby Ironsheik7 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:56 am

DarkStar wrote:You would need to ask Guitar Centre about the different prices.

My opinion differs from garfy's. I suspect that the 499.99 one is AmpliTube 4 MAX and from the pic comes on a USB stick. The blurb say 300 gear models. The other two are both for AmpliTube 5 MAX, with 400 gear models. If you already have a Qualifying Product (an IK Multimedia product listed at $99.99 or more) then you would qualify for getting it at the Upgrade price (249.99). Check your User Area / Crossgrades & Upgrades to see which ones you qualify for, if any.

Your interpretation of the purchasing order on the IK Multimedia web site is not correct. You can buy AT5 MAX there today, without getting any lesser editions.

I went back and looked at the Amplitube with the USB stick, turns out it's the 4, it says it a couple of times in the lengthy description

"AmpliTube MAX features the power and creative flexibility of AmpliTube 4"
"AmpliTube MAX includes all the gear available inside AmpliTube 4 Deluxe"
Ironsheik7

Postby garfy » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:56 pm

Ooof, I didn't even notice it was AT4MAX. Seems a bit weird to be able to still sell that version. *insert shrugging emoji*
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling