2 ?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

2 ?

Postby Mrkil1o1 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:36 pm

Is Custom Shop no longer available through Amplitube? In other words do I need to go to the separate CS application?

What is the difference between Product Manager and Authorization Manager?
Mrkil1o1

Re: 2 ?

Postby spantini » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:02 pm

I discovered this also when I updated my Amp5 yesterday. The little shopping carts in the Amp 4 & 5 GUIs are still there but not active.

I did find a couple of PDF downloads.. one listing Amp 5's gear, and the other contains a full listing of all available gear (Custom Shop gear..?) - but neither contains a method of buying from the shop.

The only way I have been able to access individual pieces of gear from what was the Custom Shop is via Amp 5's GUI by selecting a piece of gear that's locked and trying or buying.

I've tried unsuccessfully dozens of times to download the Amp 5 CS. Even though I'm accessing it via my CURRENT VERSION of Product Manager, it keeps telling me my Manager is not up to date and I need to download the latest version (which mine is). I've DL'd that version dozens of times and it keeps winding me in a circle right back to telling me my Product Manager won't work - over and over.

I don't consider this a problem I need solved, I'll just access whatever new gear I'm interested in on a piece-by-piece basis from the GUI.
spantini

Postby Mrkil1o1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:26 pm

Being to able to get directly from AT to CS was very helpful to me/us not to mention, most likely, more profitable for them! (But do I really care about that l,l,l)
Good luck
Mrkil1o1

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:02 pm

Mrkil1o1 wrote:Is Custom Shop no longer available through Amplitube? In other words do I need to go to the separate CS application?

Have a look at the AT5 User Manual, section 2.5. You select a "locked" gear model and you get an option to Try or Buy it. I would think that selecting "Buy" starts the CS program. The CS program is separate (just as the old CS was).

Mrkil1o1 wrote:What is the difference between Product Manager and Authorization Manager?

• The IK Product Manager is designed to make downloading / installing, registering and authorising products easier with less manual intervention. It is used for all newer products.
  • See https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/productmanager/
  • The Authorisation Manager is for older products and is used for registering / authorizing only. Those products are downloaded from your User Area and you run each installer.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Mrkil1o1 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:24 pm

thanks for the reply and for informing my lazy !@# to things I SHOULD know! l,l,l
Mrkil1o1

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling