Why use Ableton Live and not just record in Amplitube 5?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Why use Ableton Live and not just record in Amplitube 5?

Postby neilcoates » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:16 pm

Hi,newbie question. I have an Axe I/O and Amplitube 5 MAX. Seems pretty awesome and some truly excellent sounds and presets. The recording of a track/multiple tracks is also very easy.
I also got a free download of Ableton Live Lite 11 which i have installed. It also lets me record multiple tracks but I dont really see a particular advantage of Live over Amplitube 5 for recording. No plans for midi, certainly at the moment. Am i missing something important in functionality if I do not use Live ?
Also at the moment I cannot figure how to get the Amplitube FX sound when using the plugin on Live. Just the raw unprocessed sound . i want to play the track with the full Amplitube sound and record at the same time. What am I not doing correctly?

I'll keep on playing ang googling but I know this forum will provide a quick solution/answers!
Many thanks1
neilcoates

Re: Why use Ableton Live and not just record in Amplitube 5?

Postby 6stringer » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:11 am

Any DAW (Digital Audio Workstation, and Ableton Live is a DAW) will have more features that you will probably want to use. Some of the features that come quickly to mind:

1. Better audio editing
2. The ability to use 3rd party plugins. Many of these plugins could be from IK Multimedia (their T-Racks tape player emulations and the Sunset Sound Reverb are two that I'm currently using a lot). AT5 does not allow you to use VST plugins inside of it's recorder.
3. MIDI (which you don't use, but someday you may discover that MIDI is great for drums).
4. If you need more than 8 tracks.

I haven't used Live; I use Cakewalk by Bandlab, which is free and full featured.
6stringer

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling