Harmonator does not work

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Harmonator does not work

Postby Oliver87 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:13 am

Hi,
the harmonator in Amplitube 5 seems to not work properly. It produces some ring modulation sound mixed with the main pitch, and no harmonic interval whatsoever. I have tried standalone and vst3, 48 and 96 kHz sample rate. The mix on the harmonator is on max, in order to hear just the effected signal. Have tried reinstalling too, no luck. I'm on win 10. Could someone please try to verify/refute in order for me to know if it's a genuine bug, or system related? Thanks
Oliver87

Re: Harmonator does not work

Postby 6stringer » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:17 pm

What key and interval are you trying?

I just tired it in C major, with a 3rd interval. It's definitely tracking and producing the harmonized note. If I turn the mix to 10, I can still hear a small amount of the original note, but it's mostly the harmonized note that I'm hearing (sounds really good with this mix at 5).

I'm using 48K sample rate, Win11, standalone, v5.3

Edit: I should add, that I'm also hearing a definite modulation sound. But I think that's the case with most harmonizers (unless you spend a lot of money on a really good one).
6stringer

Re: Harmonator does not work

Postby Oliver87 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:18 pm

Thanks 6stringer for your reply!
I tried all intervals and some keys, mostly c major in thirds though. There is no discernable difference though, no matter which interval or key it is on there is always the same "lame ring mod" type of sound. I am 99.9% certain that it is not a misuse type situation, i am pretty sure i know my guitar effects stuff and what to expect a harmonizer to sound like.
Perhaps it's isolated case, being that you don't have the same problem. Maybe some more folks will chime in, so i could be more certain...
Cheers
Oliver87

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling