AmpliTube doesn't get MIDI

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube doesn't get MIDI

Postby wdinglis4 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:48 pm

I'm trying to use a fader or knob on my Nektar Impact 25+ to control the wah pedal (or anything actually) in AT5 and nothing happens. It's like AT5 doesn't see the midi controller at all. (I don't have an expression pedal.) Anyone have any luck with this? I can easily assign the knobs and fader to control things in other plug-ins, including Ampire and the wah stomp box in Studio One. Frustrating....
Windows 11, i5 cpu, 64 gigs of ram, Studio One 6.5 Pro, Presonus Revelator io24, Nektar Impact LX 88+
wdinglis4

Re: AmpliTube doesn't get MIDI

Postby wdinglis4 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:03 pm

Update. Still no luck getting Midi to work in AT5 VST version. But in the standalone version of AT5 I was able to assign knobs on my contrler to the AT5 amp knobs, however the assignments don't save if I switch to another amp and go back to the first amp. Really wish I could find a solution for these issues. Is it me or is it a problem with AT5???
Windows 11, i5 cpu, 64 gigs of ram, Studio One 6.5 Pro, Presonus Revelator io24, Nektar Impact LX 88+
wdinglis4

Postby obispojoe » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:07 am

Once making the midi assignment, I think you probably need to save the whole setup as a new preset. Then reload saved preset when you switch back.
obispojoe

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:54 pm

I reckon that it is down to the implementation of MIDI Control in AT5.

There are 2 classes of MIDI control - Global and Preset. I would think that the Global controls are saved permanently, but the Preset controls are saved only with the preset and would need to be reassigned when another preset is loaded.

Having said that the Wah pedal control is a Global control.

Have a look at "MIDI Control" in the AT5 User Manual.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby wdinglis4 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:30 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'll try saving the presets and see if that works. I did look through the manual, and didn't see a solution. The VST version of AT5 doesn't have the same MIDI setup options that the stand-alone version does unfortunately, and the VST version is the one I really want to get working. I'll try re-installing my controller in Studio One as well.
wdinglis4

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling