What did I buy?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

What did I buy?

Postby wdinglis4 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:42 pm

Hi, I am new to Amplitube, but have been home recording for a long time. The Fender Collection went on sale so I had to pick it up, but I'm kind of confused as to what I actually bought. I have not purchased Amplitube 5 on its own, just the Fender collection. But the download came with Amplitube 5 and the Fender amps and stuff.

Am I correct in assuming the white noise I hear on most presets or amps that aren't part of the Fender package are in some kind of 'trial mode' and make the white noise sound because I haven't purhcased some piece of gear that is being used in that preset? I can play all the Fender amps with no white noise sound.

Sorry if this is confusing, but I'm kind of confused. :?
Windows 11, i5 cpu, 64 gigs of ram, Studio One 6.5 Pro, Presonus Revelator io24, Nektar Impact LX 88+
wdinglis4

Re: What did I buy?

Postby garfy » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:41 am

Hello wdinglis4 and welcome to the forums.

Yes you are correct. If you have not purchased a version of AT5 then you are running AT5CS, which is the free version that you can run your Fender Collection pack in. The white noise signifies you do not own certain pieces of gear, although within AT5CS there 42 pieces included. Full details can be found here...

If it helps, go to the icon in the top right hand corner of the main UI which looks like a guitar combo and cycle (by clicking) until it shows the combo with just a tick. This is now filtering so you only see gear and presets that you own/are free.

You an also use AT5CS to trial pieces of gear before you buy.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: What did I buy?

Postby wdinglis4 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:24 am

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me, garfy.
One other question - I am getting an error that cs2_inst.exe can't be found when trying to install Custom Shop, but I think everything is working as it should. Should I open a support ticket for this or should I disregard it since all seems to be in working order?
Windows 11, i5 cpu, 64 gigs of ram, Studio One 6.5 Pro, Presonus Revelator io24, Nektar Impact LX 88+
wdinglis4

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling