Amplitube 5 Max and Mesa Boogie 2

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 Max and Mesa Boogie 2

Postby ccaru505 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:04 pm

I purchased the Max version earlier this year with the understanding that it includes all gear. At the time of purchase, all collections were available and no gear was showing as locked.
Now I notice that when Mesa Boogie 2 came out it's locked. I would need to purchase Mesa Boogie 2 separately.
So what does the max version offer ? All the gear available at the time of purchase? Selected future gear but not all?
ccaru505

Re: Amplitube 5 Max and Mesa Boogie 2

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:20 pm

The content of any MAX bundle is fixed at the time that it is first released.

Newer content is not added to the bundles. But quite often that newer content is included in the next generation of the bundle (AmpliTube 6 MAX, in this case, whenever that is released).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ccaru505 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:16 am

Thanks for the clarification.
ccaru505

Postby kisschicken » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:31 am

I too thought "Max" included everything. I think that needs to be clarified better on the marketing materials.
kisschicken

Postby ccaru505 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:08 am

I fully agree. It is not clear, and it's still unclear actually. What if I bought Max now? In this case will new stuff be included or not? If it isn't included then it's not really "max", and if it is, that would be unfair to previous purchasers.
I'm also saying this in the light that the alternative is that you have to buy these new offerings individually at a very high price relative to the initial investment.
ccaru505

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:15 pm

AmpliTube 5 MAX does include everything that was released at the time of its initial release.

Newer products are not added. If you buy AT5 MAX now you get the same as someone who bought it some time ago. And bundles or Collections are always much better value than buying the individual pieces of gear (even if you do not want all the gear models in the bundle).

If you feel that the IK Multimedia web pages or marketing materials has led you to believe that any MAX product will have new products added to it, then please Contact Sales Support with the details; they are best positioned to look into your complaint.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby MurfMan » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:48 pm

If you bought into the Max package then updates should be free! Grinders.
MurfMan

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:10 pm

MurfMan wrote:If you bought into the Max package then updates should be free! Grinders.

This isn't an "update". This is a complete package of new gear. MAX bundles do not add new gear, similar to how other complete (with a different spelling) and similar bundles work. If you are looking for a subscription style bundle I can suggest that to the team. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rspst14 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:25 pm

Peter_IK wrote:This isn't an "update". This is a complete package of new gear. MAX bundles do not add new gear, similar to how other complete (with a different spelling) and similar bundles work. If you are looking for a subscription style bundle I can suggest that to the team. Thank you.

I think this would be a great idea, a yearly max subscription that gives the subscriber access to all the gear. Let's face it, a lot of people judge a purchase by what they can afford to pay in a monthly or yearly installment. I know there's a sale going on right now, but the usual price is around $350 for the Max package if I'm not mistaken. Some people who won't pay $350, or even $250 on sale would be willing to pay for an annual subscription, even if buying outright were slightly less expensive over time. The trick would be finding the right price point that brings in subscribers without alienating the people who pay full price for a license.

Another option would be a more expensive max package that gave the buyer access to any new packages for a period of time.
rspst14

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:04 pm

We do give a special discount to people who have the previous or who have Total Studio 3.5 MAX just to make sure people know we have not forgotten them :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby GuitarProphet » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:20 pm

Hi,

I am quite dissapointed as well. If I were to buy Amplitube 5 MAX now I would have gotten the Mesa Boogie 2 package included. So the early adopters (I bought the Axe I/O MAX bundle presale) are left in the cold here. So as a thank you for investing in IKMultimedia as soon as the new product came out I now have to pay extra for this. The MAX bundle promised to include every piece of gear...so why doesn't it???
GuitarProphet

Postby rspst14 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:30 pm

GuitarProphet wrote:Hi,

I am quite dissapointed as well. If I were to buy Amplitube 5 MAX now I would have gotten the Mesa Boogie 2 package included.

No, you wouldn't have. Max does not get updated with new packages, it includes everything that was available when Amplitube 5 was released last year.
rspst14

Postby GuitarProphet » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:24 pm

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... 5/#thegear

This list implies that it's included. Amplitube 5 Max has all the available gear, and this is the corresponding list. Maybe I'm missing something, but in that case the communication about the Gear included in Amplitube 5 Max is not very clear at all. I can clearly see all the Mesa Amps in this list. So please explain it to me and the rest of the community.
GuitarProphet

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:39 pm

That is all the gear available. That page is not just AmpliTube 5 MAX that is gear that you can get in different versions or a la carte. The main AmpliTube 5 page has full comparison charts and gear lists available including what is specifically available in AmpliTube 5 MAX. The links under each version say "Gear Included" and there you will see specifically what is in the version you are interested in.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:45 pm

Also, you are not left out in the cold. AmpliTube 5 MAX owners will get an additional discount auto-applied to their cart in the IK web store.

AmpliTube 5 MAX includes what was available when it was released. That would be what is on the list that you can see per my reply above. It is not a subscription or a bundle that adds new gear when it comes out, it has never been presented in that way. This is similar to other complete bundles from other companies. I apologize that it was confusing to you and will relay this to the team.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling