Amplitube5 not loading in reaper

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube5 not loading in reaper

Postby matroned » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:12 pm

I cleared cache and re scanned

I restarted my computer

I had just made my recent purchase a default amp - perhaps that has caused it?
matroned

Re: Amplitube5 not loading in reaper

Postby Danny06 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:51 pm

Well,I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this.

Amplitube5 was working fine in my DAW then out of the blue it just stopped loading! This was about 3 weeks ago and I still don't what caused it after literally trying EVERYTHING. I emailed tech support and they recommended a clean reinstall and trying to see if it loads in Reaper-I use Cubase-but still no dice for me. I have Amplitube4 and that works fine but A5 is giving me hell.

I tried different trial versions of new guitar plug ins and my iMac will recognize some and not others;I have no idea what's going on! Maybe my 2013 iMac is too old?...not sure yet.

Try a clean reinstall first and see if that helps. Also, try some new trial plug ins to make sure your computer recognizes them.
Danny06

Postby spantini » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:44 pm

I've had a similar problem since first installed. When I added the Amplitube 5 to a track in Reaper, it appeared as if nothing happened, so I tried adding Amplitube 4 but Reaper was frozen. After rebooting my PC, I added Amplitube 4 to a track and it loaded instantly.

One day I added Amplitube 5 and let it go.. after 5+ minutes it finally popped up. It's been that way since.

Today I tried to download an Amp 5 update (hoping it may behave better) and after waiting 10 minutes I gave up. But the IK Manager wouldn't let me cancel the update and locked up. Locked my browser and I had to do a manual shutdown/reboot of my PC.

I hated to do it, but I just completely uninstalled Amplitube 5 with all it's components.
spantini

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:12 pm

As this is primarily a user to user forum, not official Technical Support, other users may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby captship » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:47 pm

FWIW - Using the latest Reaper release, 6.45 64bit, loading AT5 VST3 crashes Reaper, but I can load any of the other IKM VST3's without any problem.

Can load AT5 VST though, so seems something in Reaper has changed, as I was able to load AT5 VST3 in Reaper version 6.43.

For my Reaper use, a guitar learning tool, (no one wants to hear what I record :D ) the difference between VST and VST3 is not important.
captship

Postby captship » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:13 pm

Further to my last - wondered why other than AT5 VST3 - all other IKM VST3's loaded.

Discovered somehow had two AT5 VST3 instances in the VST file path locations set up in Reaper. Deleted one of the AT5 VST3 files and now find AT5 VST3 loads properly in Reaper version 6.45 64 bit version. I am on an up-to-date WIN 10 machine.
captship

Postby spantini » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:27 pm

DarkStar wrote:As this is primarily a user to user forum, not official Technical Support, other users may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
Thank you, DarkStar. My IK Product Manager repeatedly responded with a message of "no internet connection". After many failed attempts, it finally connected and I was able to reauthorize and download the latest version of Amp5.

It still takes a while to load in Reaper, but it's much better than before - now it loads to a track in around 20 seconds.

I can live with this, so I'm considering my problem solved.

Thank you again :D
spantini

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:30 pm

My theory is that it takes a while as it is BIG - have a look at the process memory usage before and after loading AT5).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling