What is "full chain"?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

What is "full chain"?

Postby shandyman » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:41 pm

Ive upgraded Amplitube from 5.0 to 5.3 and my favourite preset now has an intermittent hiss saying i need to use "full chain" and must purchase full amplitube 5.

Can somebody explain what "full chain" is please and can i remove/stop using it from my preset?
I have previously bought Amplitube 4 Max just before 5 came out hence the Amplitube 5 SE.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Andy
shandyman

Re: What is "full chain"?

Postby shandyman » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:44 pm

Ive managed to remove the offending item which split the signal into 2 channels so at least i have an almost identical tone without spending any more money!
shandyman

Postby - IK User - » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:40 pm

Same problem here. I have yet to upgrade to the full version of Amplitube 5 (though more than likely will later on), but owned Amplitube 4 and made the switch to the free version of Amplitube 5 for now since I could access all my Amplitube 4 equitment in it. However I noticed last night the hiss when I was working on a song using it. I would understand if it was only new presets that I do not yet own equipment for and/or used specific Amplitube 5 features to showcase them, but it is taking place even on some legacy presets in collections I already own (some of the Jimi Hendrix Collection legacy presets now have the hiss for just one example).

How did you fix the problem? I have yet to discover a solution. I do not mind the introduction of new features and whatnot with Amplitube 5. That should only be expected. But they should not interfere with a users use of already owned equipment and presets.
- IK User -

Postby shandyman » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:50 am

I remove each item in the chain until the noise goes away then start afresh and remove the offending item and hope it was just one thing that I can substitute or leave off.

In my most used preset (Kai Satriani), it was some sort of post amp processing that I didn't need, but for others, it's been the actual amp so I wish I hadn't upgraded!

But if you go back to amplitube 4, it sounds really dated now.
shandyman

Postby - IK User - » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:25 pm

Ahh. I see. I thought you were talking about you found something to remove that would disable "full chain" so it would apply to all presets universally. It is lame that you cannot even use some legacy presets from collections you are already own without going through the hassle of trying to figure out how to stop an annoying hiss first. It should be so everything you already purchased, including presets, prior to moving to the Amplitube 5 shell can be accessed as before with the option to upgrade if so desire. Having to upgrade to do something like simply use legacy presets apart of collections you already own is just not right. I will probably upgrade eventually down the line anyway, but still, there is a fine line in trying to turn a profit off new products released and denying access to various presets of already purchased products until you buy a newer product.
- IK User -

Postby shandyman » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:40 pm

No sorry. I still don't know what full chain means.
All of my presets worked on 4 and on 5.0 they were perfect. I would have recommended it to anybody but 5.1 has put me off.
I'm not playing enough at the moment to justify more spending.
shandyman

Postby - IK User - » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:33 pm

Me neither. I suppose it is some sort of new feature included in a recent update there is little to no information put out about thus far. Maybe someone will reply to this thread sooner or later that can shed some light on what it is.

I am writing music all the time when I get the time and not against software improvement upgrades if the updates actually go to improve matters, but the full version of Amplitube 5 has a pretty hefty price tag considering I already own the majority of the equipment included in it already. Basically, I would be paying for a few collections I have yet to purchase and a few more pieces of equipment I do not own yet if I upgrade, so I have yet to make the plunge. But I probably will at a later date and when the price is right. However until then, I sure would like to access the presets I could before the "full chain update" without the hiss. That is not too much to ask.
- IK User -

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:14 pm

This is nothing new, there have been no additional requirements/chain elements added since release.

You can see on the AmpliTube 5 page when you click "Compare Versions" that the free (CS) version does not have certain parts of the chain enabled. You cannot put stomps post-mixer nor in the DI path for example.

Also, you do not have to repurchase anything and to get a huge amount of features (including an entirely rewritten new engine) and 600+ IRs per speaker with the new VIR™ technology is not a huge amount of money. You get these features, the improved cab/speakers with VIR™, etc with AmpliTube 5 SE, 5, or 5 MAX. And your existing purchases are supported and upgraded to use the new technology.

AmpliTube 5 SE is $/€149.99 and if you do have a lot of previous gear you'd likely have enough JamPoints to take off an additional up to 30% off that. It was also on sale during Black Friday. You get a lot for that as AmpliTube 5 is a massive upgrade to AmpliTube 4 plus you can use all of your existing gear which will sound better in AmpliTube 5

If anybody in this thread is still experiencing issues that should not happen in their version of AmpliTube 5 please open a ticket with IK Support and they will assist you directly. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby - IK User - » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:26 am

That is weird. I experienced no "no full chain" hiss on presets until recently. That is the whole reason I visited the forum and responded to this thread because I had no clue what full chain is considering I never heard of it until recently when selecting various presets I was informed I would have to upgrade to have it. Apparently Shandyman experienced the same thing considering he pointed out he had no problem with his presets in 5.0, but 5.1 is when he started becoming perturbed.

Anyway. Whatever is up with all that, thanks for the clarification. If, or maybe should I say when, I personally upgrade I am probably going to jump straight to the full MAX version. Just get it over with in just one purchase instead of go in steps and use Amplitube 5 CS for the stuff I already own until I choose to make the dive. But to each their own on all that.
- IK User -

Postby - IK User - » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:50 am

For a bit off the topic subject also while I am here, I see American Musical Supply already sells IK products but I do not see Total Studio 3.5 Max available. While the price tag for a plug-in package is a bit high for me to come up with all at one time, if it was made available there, the option to pay in monthly payments would be available then and I, along with others, could pick it off that way. Just something to think about. I rather upgrade to Amplitube 5 MAX in that way rather than individually speaking.
- IK User -

Postby - IK User - » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:06 am

Here are the IK products they currently are selling, so IK must have a partnership with them already. Maybe some strings can be pulled so that Total Studio 3.5 is offered there as well? :)

https://www.americanmusical.com/IK-Multimedia
- IK User -

Postby - IK User - » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:06 am

Actually, skip that. I just noticed in my Crossgrade/Upgrade section it is being offered at a much better price than I could get it at AMS. I like the AMS payment plans though. Instead of having to come up with one lump sum if the sum is substantive, having the option to pay off in payments is great. AMS has the best payment plans around in my personal opinion.

Forgive the back-to-back posts. One part of me wants to now go on an IK buying binge, but the other part of me (the one with the wallet in its pocket) is telling me to take it slow, good things come to those who wait. Haha...
- IK User -

Postby zabukowski » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:11 pm

I am using Fender Collection 1 with Amplitube 5 free and listening to noise bursts with a majority of presets :roll: Also i am not sure, which criteria is Amplitube 5 using to sort presets in presets menu. For example, 6 presets of Fender 1 can be found under "Amplitube collections/Amplitube Fender 1" and the rest is located under "Legacy/Collections/Fender 1" ... any ideas? :?:

Thx!
Franci
zabukowski

Postby zabukowski » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:55 am

OK, just got Amplitube 5 MAX for a very nice price ... a perfect solution to get rid of that noise bursts :lol:
zabukowski

Postby shandyman » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:35 am

I bought amplitube 5 so that most of my existing presets work.

I wondered how much an upgrade to max would cost but it doesn't appear when I look under upgrades in my account. How do we see the price? I now have at4 max + at5?
shandyman

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling